- Experience working in a branding/advertising agency.
- Supporting the creative team in developing creatively appealing and award-winning packaging design solutions, which are to brief, budget and time.
- Managing own projects under the management of the Creative Director, working with a cross-functional team to deliver creative communications to the brief.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Working with a team to translate written briefs into creatively appealing and commercially viable packaging design solutions.
- To manage individual projects as required by the creative director.
- Attend briefing meetings and represent the creative team in project groups.
- Briefing and directing photographers, illustrators, designers, copywriters and freelance resource where required to produce creative materials.
- Representing the creative team and presenting creative work to cross-functional teams.
- To motivate other members of the wider creative team, generating fresh ideas.
- Sourcing and researching relevant information as required for projects.
- Attending exhibitions, conferences etc as requested by the Creative Director.
- To be fully aware and up to date with current developments and trend in design.
- Keep up to date with current trends in packaging.
- Liaising with, directing and attending technical/production meetings to ensure quality standards and finishes are met.
- Working with external suppliers to ensure quality standards and finishes are met.
- Continually build knowledge and awareness of material/design limitations and solutions to aid in developing viable design solutions – working with closely with the Production Team, Finished Art team and external suppliers.
- To perform other marketing related duties as assigned or requested by the manager.
- BA in Packaging/Graphic Design/Related or equivalent desirable.
- Excellent ability to sketch concept/design ideas and/or layout before translation/articulation using computer software.
- Excellent Mac skills, fully conversant with, Illustrator, In-Design, & Photoshop to visualising/retouching standard.
- Excellent creative crafting skills – ideas, typology, layout, colour, composition, materials etc…
- Good knowledge of artwork/repro/print processes.
- Experience in developing commercially viable creative concepts and delivering to brief in a design studio environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Packaging Development.
- Experience in contributing to creative strategy.
- Good understanding and appreciation of product/pack material limitations and solutions and of new/recyclable materials.
- Packaging experience a non-negotiable.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of working with cross-functional teams in brief development and translation to the concept.
- Must have a passion for design and the drive to win awards.
- Knowledge of 3D rendering / packages will be advantageous.
JOB IS EXPIRED.