Do you have 5 years + front end design experience working on consumer facing digital projects/products designing responsive websites and apps?
Do you enjoy building out concepts, prototypes and digital products that translate research findings and strategic direction into usable and accessible digital products?
Are you keen to go client side? Working at SA’s leading retailer – a household name in SA?
The role is based in Cape Town.
- Relevant Qualification
- 5 years’ front end design experience in consumer facing digital projects/products
- Experience designing responsive websites, apps and e-commerce sites ADVANTAGEOUS
- Highly proficient in modern design and prototyping applications eg. Sketch, Axure, Figma, InDesign, Adobe CC, etc.
- Experience using collaboration tools such as Slack or JIRA
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle and ability to easily interface with IT development team members and leaders
- Highly proficient in delivering consistent user experiences across: browsers, platforms, and devices
- Comfortable designing in code, using the browser
- Experience with integration of brand standards within interaction design solutions
- Active interest in new web-based technologies, with an ability to get up to speed quickly and incorporating into projects effectively
- Proficiency with mobile concepts including responsive web design and developing strategies for delivery across multiple devices and viewports
- Knowledge of native mobile application technologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies for project delivery
- Understanding of content management systems and ability to deliver assets and code to merchandisers and content writers for implementation of projects
- Ability to successfully articulate a point a view while maintaining an ability to negotiate benefits in a highly collaborative and dynamic structure
- Understand customer needs, business strategy and team deliverables and find innovative ways to deliver to these opportunities from a design perspective
- Continuously analyze the user journey, creatives and pages that customer engage with to identify performance pitfalls, painpoints and opportunities
- Design and prototype creative elements, layouts and interaction for Online projects and Sales and Marketing Campaigns
- Maintain the high standards as prescribed by the client’s CI and Values in the creative work that is done
- Be an ambassador for online and the online strategy, by engaging in peer group meetings to ensure the relevant groups have full understanding and awareness of the needs of the online team
- Design and maintain CI and Online aligned collateral for the Online Team to use in communicating to management and stakeholders
- Can translate customer behaviour into an architectural system that supports great interactive experiences for our customers
- Act as the advocate for our customers throughout the design process and maintain focus on their needs when crafting our digital products
- Conceptualize quickly, test designs, measure the response, and recommend direction based on iterative feedback to deliver a design that supports a delightful customer experience
- Advocate for the adherence to accessibility standards in products
- Review business requirements, write user stories, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Experience with behavioural influencing through human understanding that drives designs which elicit an emotional impact from our customers
- Understands design research, its influence on interaction design and the impact on meeting the business goals for our customers
- Thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere with the ability to move from one project to another seamlessly
- Demonstrate passion and commitment for excellence, the customer, the brand and organisation, each other, South Africa and transformation and sustainability
- Role model the client’s values: Customer First, Quality, Inspiration, In Touch, Responsible, Integrity, Collaboration
- Demonstrate a commitment to high performance – be delivery focused and goal driven, flexible and thrive on and respond to performance feedback
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE INCLUDE A PORTI OF SAMPLES FROM PRODUCTS/SITES THAT DETAILS YOUR ROLE IN THE PROJECT, INCLUDING UX AND FRONT-END DESIGN, PROCESS.
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.