Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference
An exciting job opportunity has come up for a junior – mid DTP Finished Artist with an eye for Design. This Cape Town based role calls for a skilled, meticulous and technical individual with an excellent understanding of printing and production processes. The role requires exceptional attention to detail and the ability to take work from conception/ideation to finished pre-press and digital states. The successful candidate will further provide a supportive role and work closely with the creative and brand teams to produce work across all brand requirements. This is an amazing opportunity to work on a well-known brand, don’t miss it!
- Prepare digital files suitable for proofing and printing, check preliminary and final proofs.
- Use design concepts (derived from briefs) to produce sample design layouts that meet the client’s requirements as specified on the brief.
- Edit graphics and photos using editing software (CC).
- Create/convert various types of files for printing or for other media using computer software (CC).
- Ensure that all material is appropriately archived and is easily retrievable.
- Ensure a quality end product that achieves the desired message as well as meeting all the technical specifications is delivered.
- Stay up to date with software and tools to continuously improve the quality of outputs.
- Work in collaboration with the Creative Team, Traffic Manager, Production Manager and Brand Team to ensure that the requirements of the briefs are met in a timely manner.
- Take responsibility for the quality of output by consulting with senior team members/Creative Head as and when required.
- Work with the production manager and internal and external suppliers to ensure that projects are managed to deadlines and budgets
- Work with Group Creative Head, the Design Team, Brand Team, and Copy Team to develop concepts ready for client presentations.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Graphic Design Degree/Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Graphic Designer/Finished Artist in Design. Ideally have worked in Advertising, Retail or Print industries.
- Fluency in current graphic design practices and software, such as (CC)
Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Aftereffects etc.
- Fluent in print production and finished art.
- Web/Digital knowledge – advantageous.
- Strong production skills, including knowledge and ability to provide solutions within the constraints of print and digital.
- Understanding of, and experience in, corporate identity management and branding, layout, colour theory and typography in both print and digital media.
- Conceptual and analytical skills to interpret verbal or written briefs and make good production decisions.
- Able to communicate effectively and accurately.
- Flexibility – being approachable.
- Maintain and develop effective working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Committed attitude (teamwork is essential).
- Ability to handle pressure if under deadline.
- Time management and organising skills.
Please submit a relevant portfolio of work (as a link/PDF) along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful for this specific role.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1934