Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a stunning opportunity for a passionate Group Account Director at a fabulous TTL agency based in JHB. The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of accounts. The role will require you to effectively manage the Client Service Team together with a portfolio of clients, to ensure the consistent strategic direction, the overall achievement of financial objectives and client satisfaction is exceeded. You will be responsible for driving the achievement of team’s financial targets, driving high levels of client satisfaction, maximising the team’s performance, leading by example internally and externally and contributing to company vision. We’re looking for a dynamic individual who can make a positive contribution to team morale, company culture, and overall client happiness resulting in generally uplifting the agency environment and reputation.
- Mid-year and full year measurement against total target
- Achievement of existing client targets
- Ensuring high quality standards of work are being delivered within team
- Ensuring strong and healthy client relationships are being built
- Ensuring clients’ brand is being guided correctly and their business being built
- Providing high level client support to team members
- Mentoring as well as empowering team members to grow within their roles
- Driving efficiencies and adherence to internal systems and quality standards
- Adding to agency happiness by proactively building company morale and culture
- Living the client’s brands and becoming entrenched as an essential ingredient within their business
- Driving constant innovation, improvements, and passion of team for the benefit of both agency and client
- Making a positive contribution to team morale, company culture, and overall client happiness resulting in generally uplifting the agency environment and reputation
- Oversight of Client Service team including staff contentment and effective functioning of team
- Billing system oversights – ensuring an accurate system of all invoicing for work done and that all work done is invoiced
- Maintaining an active role in the agency’s HR Strategy (engagement and retaining), ensuring regular meetings and appraisals with team members.
- Profitability of team – reaching targets as agreed at the beginning of the year.
- Guiding each Account Executive and Manager within the team into the best practice principles of professional client service.
- Leadership and inspiration of the team
- Creating great team rapport and promoting connection between all team members and their clients.
- Oversight of procedures and systems such a quoting, orders and briefs that are done by Account Managers and Executives to ensure a healthy level of profit and consistency of billing structures.
- Oversight of all clients within the team making sure their brands grow and ensuring their overall health and happiness
- Forms strong relationships with clients, influencing and facilitating the delivery of work that meets their needs.
- Receive and develop client briefs
- Facilitates the understanding of briefs by Creatives
- Oversee the management of projects by applying good organisation, planning and follow-up
- Follows up on internal support systems to ensure high level of service delivery
- Briefs the creative team accurately and comprehensively, correctly interpreting the client’s needs first time
- Sells creative, creating a smooth work-flow from studio to client from supplier to partners and acts as an ambassador for the agency
- Demonstrates ‘living the client’s brands’ by working with passion and dedication on our clients’ brands
- Understands the complete brand strategy of the client and ensures that marketing and communications revolve around this positioning and strategy
- Analyses agency performance against client investment to the year plan
- Undertakes administrative activities to ensure on-time and accurate billing
- Keeping up-to-date with relevant trends, market and industry, and client relevant (sector and competitor) developments and research
- Ensuring that each client has a brand plan and a year plan linked for financial objectives
- Maintaining a system of weekly status meetings between the relevant Client Service person and client.
- Ensuring relevant strategic planning workshops with each client to focus on building their brand and developing a healthy and clear understanding of the client’s individual needs.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Marketing/Advertising (or related) qualification.
- Minimum 5 years of industry knowledge/ad agency experience.
- Business acumen.
- Customer relationship management experience.
- Marketing experience.
- Management and communication skills.
- Attention to detail – taking zero tolerance on quality issues.
- Able to demonstrate creativity in dealing with the client
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Mich1319