Head of Communications
A global software development house is looking for a Head of Communications representative to be based in their offices in Durban.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a Communication Strategy
- Planning, developing and implementing the internal and external communications, marketing and branding strategy
- Proactively identifying and implementing predominantly internal, as well as external communication
- Working closely with the Communications team, Leadership Team and CEO to develop suitable communications plans and strategies across the business.
- Creating and developing strategic communication plans for the business areas, executing on key elements.
- Assisting the operational team in creating strategies to increase employee awareness, engagement and promoting productivity.
- Ensuring visibility at local and international conferences for senior executives and Group Heads.
- Enabling leadership to readily and accurately represent the brand as needed (e.g. identifying opportunities for media training, panel participation, presentations etc.)
Internal and External Communications
- Formulating the internal communication response to crisis PR situations, managing stakeholder perceptions.
- Plan and manage content and communication of all internal digital communication platforms,
- Plan and manage content and communication of external platforms, including the website and all social media platforms.
- Manage all external communication with the media and other interested parties, as and when required.
- Planning, editing and writing content for a variety of internal communications, including the intranet, newsletters, company emails etc.
- Developing and articulating clear, compelling messaging, leveraging communications and e-marketing solutions.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Tertiary degree (or similar) in communication/marketing/PR
- 10-15 years in a senior comms/marketing role, with leadership experience working with senior executives/c-suite
- Experience within a global/international organization is a preference
- 10 years’ work experience in a Senior communications role
- Be currently working at the C-Suite level (work closely with the CEO)
- Currently leading a communication team
- Has had experience and exposure to social media
- Currently working in internal communications
- Worked in a technology industry (preferable)