Calling Senior Digital Strategists looking to move to Head of Digital Strategy
Want to work for a top integrated content practice that specialises in multi-platform storytelling where you will be the Advisor/Mentor/Evangelist on digital strategy?
The role is based in Johannesburg and reports to the Managing Partner.
- 10+ years’ experience in strategic role within an agency environment across multiple industries
- Solid experience developing digital marketing strategy, project managing digital programs and online advertising campaigns (BIG BRAND experience preferred)
- Strong passion for and knowledge of technology, emerging media and Internet.
- Strategy experience in Social media platforms, publishers, content and specific interactive strategy
- Demonstrated expertise in online advertising, co-marketing/partnership programs and integrated campaigns – specifically in inter-agency collaborations (ATL client agencies)
- Creative ability and passionate interest in creating powerful digital marketing plans that meet client objectives
- Strong, effective business professional communication and client presentation skills; preferred previous experience in presenting to clients from an agency perspective – fantastic storytelling and storytelling capabilities
- Solid understanding of traditional marketing principles and how they apply to the digital
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and success factors
- Researching, identifying and compiling competitive insights to guide and optimise digital marketing efforts
- Experienced in the effective use of research tools to define target audiences and optimise marketing and media plans
- Exceptional team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence quickly
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and deck writing skills
- Ability to thrive in a fluid, super-fast and entrepreneurial environment
- Act as Advisor /Mentor / Evangelist to improve and maximise the practice’s knowledge, skills, and abilities in the areas of digital marketing, social media marketing, content marketing, technology-driven marketing and business initiatives
- Leverage the deep understanding on how to execute digital business solutions, year-on-year digital brand and communication strategies, campaigns (web, mobile, social, content, SEO, publishers, digital PR) working with our creative, technical and client service teams
- Provide thought leadership to staff, clients, and the wider digital and marketing community – eg: client workshops, knowledge shares with staff, public speaking at industry events, blogging, etc.
- Maintain relationships with core platform partners (Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, SnapChat, Oath, Spotify)
- Work closely with the client and creative team to help define the strategic scope and recommended approach for major digital and social projects for clients
- Play an advisory role on client engagements, serving as a digital strategic advisor to both account leads (internal) and clients (external)
- Serve as Thought Leader in aligning digital marketing strategy with a client’s business goals and objectives
- Drive high-level discussions on the role of digital within the total marketing ecosystem
- Perform detailed evaluation of client business environment including customer needs, capabilities/assets, and competitive realities to identify unique market opportunities and threats
- Lead the design of insight driven digital strategies from opportunity identification through to experience definition
- Structure and present recommendations to senior client leadership for approval
- Partner with creative, technology, analytics and account management to ensure successful project hand-off and work is appropriately positioned for long-term success
- Contribute to or lead new business development, recruiting, team skill development, and digital “evangelisation” initiatives
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.