You love the magic of making things happen in ways that make people go “wow!” You’re an events industry expert with an innovative approach. You want to work on events that push the envelope and do it in style. You’re a motivational leader with strong team and people management skills. You’re a people person with an excellent understanding of the responsibilities that a leadership role brings. You’re hungry and your awareness, knowledge and insight into the latest event trends and innovations are an essential part of your ability to deliver a cutting edge offering. You come from an agency background and are savvy to the value of events to clients and their marketing strategies. You’re able to Build a motivated and energized Team by providing direction and a clear inspiring vision and supported with a practical and well communicated plan.
You? Talk to us!
In this exciting role you’ll provide expertise and lead a team of events project managers in Cape Town & Johannesburg to deliver exceptional world class events that constantly push the boundaries of innovation. The role will work closely with colleagues to support income generation, bringing expertise and best practice in delivering various types of events for a wide range of major SA clients.
- The Head of Events is responsible for ensuring that the Events Team delivers the exceptional execution of innovative eventing solutions to clients whilst being responsible for the Teams overall wellbeing, development and efficiency.
- To continuously strive towards service excellence, exceeding client expectations and delivering cutting edge best event management practice.
- Build a motivated and energised Team by providing direction and a clear inspiring vision and supported with a practical and well communicated plan
- The management, leadership and development of a high performing team of six team members based in Cape Town and Jozi by facilitating the achievement of Individual and the Teams KPIs by aligning to the agency’s Vision, Mission, Values and Culture.
- The introduction and delivery of events management best practice and innovation in the delivery, continuous quality control and improvement of all events and processes whilst monitoring and reducing costs of all events and functions.
- Ensure all work is done on time, within budget and according to set KPI’s, meeting or exceeding Client KPI’s and objectives on 95% of work. Act as the custodian and link between the client’s requirements and the agency
- Operations, Workflows, Systems and Processes. Ensure work flows efficiently and is reviewed every 6 months with relevant improvements made to ensure that the right things are done at the right time by the right people in the right way.
- Future / Innovation: Able to identify quantified improvements within the department every 6 months.
- Department Finance Control. Achievement of agreed upon financial targets for Clients and the Department: Management & maintenance of Event CE’s ensuring that campaigns are run profitably, timeously within approved budgets.
- New Business Development by identifying and attaining new business and facilitating growth in existing clients.
- Establishment, management and relationship building with key event suppliers.
- Creation of a comprehensive and detailed planning process to deliver events for all directorates by building strong internal relationships between events project managers and other Teams.
- Leading the Events Team and colleagues in the selection of appropriate tools and methodologies to ensure innovation and effectiveness in events delivery.
- Leading effective engagement with the Innovate Events team to deliver on stakeholder expectations of events.
- Ensure that all events which are executed comply with South African Health & Safety Legislation.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree or tertiary qualification in related field plus evidence of continued professional development.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in Events and Project Management.
- Extensive experience in the successful creation and delivery of large scale innovative events, concerts and festivals.
- Ability to share evidence of a process of continuous improvement in Events Management based on measured results.
- The aptitude, experience and ability to identify, attain new business and grow current client portfolios.
- The skills set, competency, aptitude and potential to be able to drive, manage and run the Olympic Games within a 5-year time frame.
- Ability to build strong and positive internal and external relationships and collaborate effectively with the Influencer, Digital, PR, Research and Finance Departments.
- Proven track record and experience in the positive and effective leadership and development of building a high performance, high trust and happy team with a reputation as being a strong positive leader, team player, coach and mentor.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced IT Skills
- Ability to manage vision, purpose and be results driven.
- An effective and fast decision maker.
- Sound business and financial acumen
- Strategic agility to develop and implement the overall department strategy and vision which is aligned to the agency’s Strategy, Vison and Values.
- An ability to initiate and manage change effectively.
- Meticulous attention to detail, planning, change management and organizational skills.
- Analytical skills – Ability to analyse, forecast and apply logical and lateral thinking in all decision-making
- People Management Skills – Well developed emotional and interpersonal intelligence. Ability to lead, motivate, delegate and inspire others to perform independently and at their optimal best.
- Head of Department presence – Demonstrate a professional, visible and proactive leadership approach with the ability to develop sound trust relationships aligned with the agency Values and Culture.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2581