Are you a Head of Retail with exceptional SA retail experience and good team leadership and management skills?
My client, an industry leader in footwear is seeking an experienced Head of Retail to come on board to their SA office, to work on a well-known brand that specialises in comfort, fun, innovative and irreverent product lines.
The role is based in Cape Town and reports to the GM and EXCO.
Direct reports: Area Managers, Retail Ops Assistant, Inventory Controllers
- Drive the Retail vision and strategy across Full Line and Outlet Stores for the brand in South Africa leading the Retail team
- Implement the brand’s Global Retail strategy providing strategic direction cross functionally
- Set up policies and procedures to ensure Retail Excellence is achieved building a strong customer focus amongst all roles
- Run the business by the numbers to ensure all targets are achieved within deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree (BCom or BBA) / Diploma in Retail Management / Ops
- Exceptional knowledge and experience in SA retail environment
- An inspirational leader and mentor
- Experience managing a diverse team
- Create a culture of trading and shop keeping
- Driven by continuous improvement
- Excellent IT skills – MS Office (Advanced Excel) and strong experience in the use of POS systems (Cistech)
- Self-motivated, energetic and independent with a positive attitude
- Good understanding of internal and external customer requirements
- Good financial, analytical, contract knowledge and negotiation skills
- Results Driven
- Able to execute with excellence
- Flexibility to act in the moment to deal with unplanned situations
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize and problem solve a variety of tasks to ensure their timely and accurate completion
- Own transport and driver’s license ESSENTIAL
- Ability to travel (Locally & Internationally)
- Retail Team Management and Daily Operations – co-ordinating operations between HQ and retail stores
- Sales and Business Development
- New Retail Stores
- People Management and skills development
- Oversee and manage inventory
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.