Do you have three years’ experience working as an HR Officer?
SA’s hottest award-winning independent agency is looking for an HR Officer to fill a 6 to 8-month contract position.
The role is based in Cape Town and requires travel to JHB on a monthly basis.
Implements all HR policies and procedures, applies and provides advice to line managers and employees.
- Relevant HR related tertiary qualification.
- Agency experience (advantageous)
- Knowledge of all relevant labour legislation (BCEA, LRA, SDA, EEA)
- Integrity and ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Develop and maintain relevant HR policy and procedure documents, organograms, staff lists etc.
- Provide legal updates, and suggestions, for compliance and improvement to existing policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with changes in labour legislation and latest trends.
- Manage ongoing HR queries as first line support.
- Conduct exit interviews, employee surveys and provide insights to line managers/ directors.
- Advise and oversee disciplinary matters to ensure fair process, procedure and reason is applied according to the law, regulations and company policies.
- Facilitate discussions and conduct investigations.
- Advise about poor performance, probation, retrenchment procedures and ensue all relevant paperwork is compliant and recorded.
- Create talent pools with the Talent Manager for roles by consulting line management for current and future needs.
- Brief and communicate with the Talent Manager to source and provide candidates for relevant clients throughout the process.
- Complete the recruitment and selection process.
- Plan and schedule health & safety training.
- Ensure all reviews are communicated, conducted and records are kept.
- Provide relevant performance documents and assist line manager with preparation for the review.
- Analyse and provide a summary of the scores and information from the performance and career discussions to the relevant Directors.
- Ensure all registers are present and external courses are recorded for submission purposes and internal reporting.
- Consult with Group Academy for the best training and training providers.
- Arrange the necessary operational requirements for new interns through the HR Administrator.
- Keep abreast of the progress of talent programmes in your client’s portfolio.
- Implement and manage Health and Safety requirements.
- Form part of Health and Safety Committee.
- Liaise with Compensation Commissioner in event of injuries on duty.
- Oversee wellness initiatives and on-boarding
- Delivery of administration delivered by the HR Administrator, which includes delivery to payroll for all relevant input and paperwork.
- Provide administration assistance in the absence of the HRA and/ or when volume of work increases.
- Provide consultation to managers across the practices that incorporate sound advice, ensuring it is legally sound and relevant to the business operation, culture and strategy.
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.