A leading property/lifestyle brand has a superb opening for a mid-weight Copywriter to join their in-house boutique studio in the Western Cape. We’re looking for someone supremely creative and collaborative who can elevate their copy and take their comms to the next level. In this role you will be responsible for creating and generating outstanding and engaging long copy from brochureware to emailers and everything in between. The ideal candidate is also a stickler for detail as proofreading is part of the job. The company’s culture is truly unique and the team is made up of loyal, passionate and friendly people all striving to keep growing the brand and this role is central to that growth. This is a fantastic opportunity to show off your ability to deliver highly crafted and beautifully executed copy which will engage readers and constantly drive brand leadership in the industry. Bring your genuine interest in and passion for commerce, pop culture, property and lifestyle trends along with your approachable personality and you’ll have the edge.
- To have a deep understanding of how copy helps the brand achieve their aims, and the ability to generate beautifully crafted copy for every brief – both print and digital.
- To be comfortable and confident in your writing and comfortable in taking on the proofreading role in addition to writing
- To be self-assured, as you would be in charge of influencing consumers by delivering a clear message, as well as using your initiative to seek out new trends and incorporate them into campaigns effectively.
- To work alongside the regional Creative team, you must be a keen team player and self-sufficient multi-tasker, full of original approaches and innovative ideas.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A strong passion for collaborating with the team and other creative/ non creative staff.
- Interested in the property market, housing, homes, community, neighbourhoods and lifestyle trends.
- Approachable and strive to have a positive and inspiring impact on creative deliverables
- Able to deliver highly crafted and beautifully executed copy which will engage readers and constantly drive brand leadership in the industry.
- Executional excellence.
- Strong working relationships with all creatives.
- Idea strong, using all available tools to deliver sustainable copy excellence.
- A problem solver and idea generator.
- Highly creative and imaginative.
- Good written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent proofreading and copy checking skills.
- Able to answer briefs in line with the strategy.
- Awards focused.
- An interest in commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and technique.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam225