We have a fabulous opportunity for a mid – senior Integrated Art Director at a hot agency (part of a leading global group) based in Cape Town. You will be exposed to a variety of alcohol brands, producing below-the-line and through-the-line work. Your previous experience working with alcohol brands is a definite advantage. We’re looking for this super conceptual, hands-on, big thinking, able- to-roll-out campaigns integrated art director who will work across multi-channel platforms which will include videos, billboards, in-store, social media, print, radio and digital.
- Develop and execute great TTL work
- Understand the client’s strategy and business context, and always aim to do work that performs.
- Working closely with a Copywriter to generate creative ideas and concepts to fulfil the client’s brief.
- Producing sketches, storyboards, roughs or ‘scamps’ to communicate ideas to the client.
- Crafting of final layouts and final art approval.
- Closely cooperate with strategic planning and client service department under the direction of the Creative Director.
- Presentation of concepts and ideas internally (CD and Account Management) and to client when requested.
- Build collaborative relationships with broader team, partners and clients.
- Able to work on different campaigns simultaneously, sometimes under pressure and often to tight deadlines
- Timeous execution of work as scheduled by the traffic manager ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Attend photo shoots – stills and electronic – liaise with photographers, typographers, designers etc.
- Location scout for potential shoots.
- Working on location.
- Contribute to proactivity and innovative thinking on brands
- Assistance with pitches, awards and new business presentations as required.
- Push crafting aspect and make work shine.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Visual Communications qualification from a recognised institution.
- 5 years+ agency experience.
- Examples of exciting work to illustrate good integrated thinking and ideation is essential.
- Alcohol brand experience – ideal.
- A high level of proficiency in relevant software, such as: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and After Effects.
- Able to create well-articulated presentations in Keynote or PowerPoint.
- Good presentation skills are essential.
- An eye for the latest creative and design trends.
- An eye for detail.
- Ambitious, passionate, connected, courageous.
- A team player.
Please submit a relevant portfolio as a PDF/link along with your CV on application.
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1922