Purpose of the role:
The Digital Account Director often forms the main point of contact between the client and the advertising agency. The role of Digital Account Director involves spear heading and taking accountability for all the digital outputs for their clients, managing the success of their integrated digital campaigns and\or digital brand activity from end to end, ensuring effective delivery, manage their client’s advertising budget and timelines and ensure that the client pays timeously.
Ensuring growth of the client’s brand is often a key priority and the Digital Account Director will work closely with the creative department to ensure the digital brand identity, messaging, actions and vision remains consistent.
In managing the client’s account the Account Director takes ownership over Strategic outputs (management thereof), Digital Media, Accounting, Creative and Production on all campaigns.
The Account Director usually is a problem solver with good project management experience across the numerous channels and platforms in the digital landscape.
- Tertiary qualification in either Marketing, B. Comm. or Advertising
- 5 – 10 years experience in senior account management within a digital advertising agency
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Strong sense of financial acumen
- Strong organisational/project management skills
- Must take full responsibility for a portfolio of accounts – including responsibility for revenue, growth and profitability
- Responsible for all requirements and issues on behalf of Client
- Budgetry responsibility (achievement of revenue and adherence to expenditure budgets) for Agency and Client
- Timeous monthly and/or bi-monthly charge outs – to interface with production, media and finance departments on charge out procedure.
- Must be able to design, lead and manage complex integrated digital campaigns
- Attendance and steering all relevant internal and external meetings (including 3rd party partners, suppliers and clients), i.e. New briefs, creative briefs, debriefs, reviews, creative pit stops, presentations, key status sessions and liaison with key client staff
- Ensuring that all staff in all departments are updated regularly on all aspects to the business of Clients
- Co-ordination and delivery of major presentations to Clients, i.e. local and international competitor digital brand trends/strategies
- Chairing of Client review meetings, creative presentations
- Responsible for all Critical Path Schedules to ensure timeous launch and management of all projects
- Management of the portfolio in a way that consistently achieves all the requirements of direct subordinates
- Ensuring that all systems rules and set procedures are adhered to
- Planning and co-ordinating all promotions and sponsorship activities when required
- Timeous contact reports and feedback to the business
- Scheduling and tracking of resources and resource time on a specific job\project
- Must hold a full working knowledge of all accounts and be able to actively manage key accounts
- Must hold a wide scope of understanding of digital marketing, web, mobile and social disciplines
- Monitoring and communication of industry trends and account movements, attendance at selected seminars, courses etc.
- Must be able to guide client on strategic issues and interact with strategists on more extensive strategic requirements
- Rendering of strategic planning function, where required
- Understanding of digital measurements across different digital , web and social platforms
- Qualitative and quantitative research attendance and involved in analysis and discussions thereafter
- Must have good leadership and team management skills
- Maintenance of a high level of staff motivation and proficiency
- Organization of internal and external training (both on-going and ad hoc) and assisting with new staff induction
- Monitoring and evaluation of effectiveness of subordinate staff members
- Completion of staff evaluation reports
- Annual budget compilation and quarterly reviews
- Contributions to Agency publications
- Client entertainment