A well-known retailer’s Africa division has an exciting opportunity for an English & Portuguese Junior Communications Writer and Translator at their Cape Town offices. The role will see you translating and interpreting material from English to Portuguese and from Portuguese to English and as well as generating communication to stores. You will also be called upon to assist with the general administration of communication from central office to stores. We’re looking for some who has a writing degree and experience in the field. It’s essential that you are fluent in both English and Portuguese. Vamos conversar!
- Translate and interpret material from English to Portuguese and from Portuguese to English (training material; store communication; marketing material etc.)
- Ensure, with translation, that the context & meaning of the source text is retained
- Compile and send communication to stores (bulletins, newsletters and other material) in English and Portuguese
- Consolidate information received by stores and compile reports
- Assist the Operations team with administrative duties
- Assist with ad hoc projects if required
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary writing Degree – absolutely essential
- 2+ years’ experience in writing and translations – essential
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail – essential
- Fluent in reading; writing and speaking Portuguese and English – essential
- Computer Literacy (MS Office) – Advanced
- South African Citizen/permanent resident – essential
- Passionate & resourceful
- Planning abilities
- Organised and in control
- Service orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- Great at building and maintaining relationships
- Learning and change orientation skills
- Stress tolerance.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam306