A superb opportunity for a junior Travel Content Writer has opened up at a global lifestyle concierge business’s growing Cape Town office. We’re looking for ambitious self-starters who are passionate about creating inspiring, informative copy that conveys the company’s travel, dining and entertainment expertise to their high net worth global membership base. This content will be published throughout the world in their various publications and websites. The Content Writer will be responsible for creating and monitoring business content, which forms an important part of the day-to-day running of the company. Ideally you will come from a traditional or online publication background. The successful candidate is au fait with both long and short form copy creation and possesses exceptional attention to detail and strong grammatical understanding. The role involves desk-based research in order to write about travel internationally, so a passion for travel goes without saying. You need to be able to self-manage to shine in this role. The company has offices all over the world and is growing fast – it provides award-winning intelligent support to private members, corporate clients and professional communities. Should you land this desirable position you’ll have access to lots of great travel and entertainment discounts as well as the opportunity for real career development as all staff are encouraged to incorporate their aspirations and interests into their career. The environment is modern, friendly & vibrant.
- Developing accurate and engaging short-form and long-form content for the in-house content database and the Digital Platforms, including research on new global restaurants and hotels relevant to the membership base.
- Keeping up to date on travel and lifestyle trends and news to inform article content.
- Assisting in growing a bank of meaningful engaging content that supports the company’s strategy and goals, while refreshing existing articles and reviews regularly.
- Working with the company’s worldwide specialists to support business growth through content creation.
- Adopting the style and voice.
- Maintaining and updating global music, attractions and entertainment guides.
- Editing and uploading exclusive member events and benefits to relevant digital platforms.
- Meeting deadlines as set out by Head of UK Content.
- Assisting Content Writers in brainstorming ideas and sourcing information.
- Liaising with the global Content Team on a regular basis.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary degree or qualification
- Native level British English
- 2-3 years’ experience in content writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong grammatical understanding
- Excellent general knowledge
- Able to self-manage
- Good teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce accurate, error-free, engaging content timeously
- Ability to stay agile and motivated in a time-pressured working environment
- Deadline driven
- Good project management skills with a proven ability to prioritise and manage tasks in a demanding work environment – advantageous
- Able to monitor impact of work using stats and feedback from stakeholders and adjusts strategy accordingly – advantageous
- Basic HTML coding skills – advantageous
Please submit a relevant portfolio on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam307