We have a terrific opportunity for a Junior Retail Copywriter at a hugely successful through-the-line ad agency in Cape Town. The role calls for a creative wordsmith to create clever, effective creative on a renowned retail brand that meets or exceeds the expectations of the client. If you want to work with cool people, doing cool work then show us your passion for wordplay, your conceptual mind and your cool portfolio!
- Creates award-winning campaigns and copy that show a high level of creative flair and which will meet the client’s needs
- Writes radio, TV, print and other advertising that increases client sales
- Crafts precision copy and brand names that develop the brand in the mind of the consumer
- Provides positive participation and contribution
- Researches projects to gain a full understanding of the requirements
- Executes concepts and roughs into quality final product with creative/designer
- Ensures accuracy of copy detail in respect of spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc.
- Demonstrates creative passion evidenced by immersion in the brand
- Undertakes any other duties which may be reasonably requested from time to time
- Accurate deciphering of briefs and the following of instruction, always considering the creation of something better
- Work in a team or individually to conceptualise campaigns that answer the client’s brief and optimise brand personality
- Write, craft, proof various styles of copy to suit the brand and intended media
- Work with direct creatives, client service, production and suppliers to ensure concepts are transformed into high quality, effective products
- Meet time deadlines and adhere to operation systems and processes
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A Copywriting qualification from Red and Yellow/ Vega/ AAA
- ±2 years’ ad agency experience – a must
- A “can do” attitude
- A team player
- Able to work to deadlines
- Proficient in PowerPoint/Keynote, MS Word
- A portfolio that reflects creative copywriting proficiencies
- Flair for writing imaginative, broad, intrusive, creative and original work
- Understanding of advertising as a selling tool
- Capability to take on campaigns with multi-element tasks which requires a concept and a thought through process
- Accept guidance and respond well to criticism
- Resilient – can accept setbacks
- A great sense of humour
Please submit a relevant portfolio on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam345