Hero is a full-service, through-the-line strategic marketing agency with expertise that ranges from traditional advertising to the latest developments in the digital world. We offer a depth and breadth of business, marketing and technology services which are arguably unmatched by even our largest competitors.We exist to create more meaningful relationships –- and we do it through the business.
We’re serious about the business of creativity and we do more than just come up with ideas. We fight for them. Fight for them to live beyond the page or screen they appear on. Beyond their 30 second media slot and past the half hour the promoters were at the activation.
As a junior position in the company, this role is responsible for learning and executing the required duties to the expected Hero standards. Our Copywriters develop concepts and written copy across a broad range of projects, from campaigns and marketing material, to multimedia and video and radio scripts. This would include copy for internal and external promotional material.They are required to produce outstanding communication as directed by the creative/strategy and in line with the Executive Creative Director and Creative Group Head.
The work demands strong thinking ability, creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and a professional approach to time and deadlines.
Required skills & competencies:
- Creative thinking and the use of your writing skills to produce outstanding creative work within the scope of the brand, business objective and creative brief supplied by the client, account manager or creative group head.
- Relevant diploma and/or degree from a recognised tertiary institution, or currently studying towards one.
- Experience required: graduate – 2 years.
- Strong conceptual skills.
- Solid writing skills.
- A keen eye for detail must be reflected in the execution of your work.
- A good command of the English language (spelling and grammar). An ability to write in any other South African language would be advantageous.
- Understanding of promotional activities and experiential marketing disciplines is advantageous.
- Computer literate in the basic programmes e.g. Microsoft office suite
- An understanding of the new media as well the social media landscape.
- To generate a consistently high level of creative work across the full spectrum of marketing and media channels. Including ATL, BTL, activation, digital and social media.
- To work through your projects from client brief to execution.
- Engage your creative thinking and use your writing skills to produce outstanding creative work within the scope of the brand, business objective and creative brief supplied by the client, account manager or creative group head.
- Copywriting and checking. Writing headlines and body copy and guiding the response mechanisms.
- Play an active part in developing high quality campaigns. This includes giving constructive input into all activities relating to this (brainstorming sessions, audio recordings, client meetings etc.).
- Together with a design team, help craft concepts into original, relevant and impactful communications and follow through to the completion of the job with meticulous execution.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met, check every aspect of every job – thus eliminating errors and ensuring work going out is of the highest quality.