Hero is a full-service, through-the-line strategic marketing agency with expertise that ranges from traditional advertising to the latest developments in the digital world. We offer a depth and breadth of business, marketing and technology services which are arguably unmatched by even our largest competitors. We exist to create more meaningful relationships – and we do it through the business.
We’re serious about the business of creativity and we do more than just come up with ideas. We fight for them. Fight for them to live beyond the page or screen they appear on. Beyond their 30 second media slot and past the half hour the promoters were at the activation.
As Junior Designer / Art Director you need a good eye for design aesthetics and a flair for visual communication and concepts. You need to work on and contribute to developing the visual aspect of a promotional campaign from concept to delivery.
The work demands creative flair, self-management, up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and software and a professional approach to time and deadlines.
Required skills & competencies:
- A minimum 3-year relevant diploma or degree from a recognised tertiary institution in Design / Art direction.
- Up to 2 years’ relevant working experience preferred.
- Be proficient in relevant design software.
- Good conceptual understanding of design & communication.
- Ability to generate original ideas and solutions.
- Good communication and management skills.
- Ability to meet and adhere to deadlines within a stressful environment.
- A good understanding of all disciplines involved in producing a successful through-the-line campaign.
- Ability to illustrate and sketch out ideas
- A good understanding of promotional activities and experiential marketing disciplines would be an advantage.
- A good and up to date understanding of new media including the social media landscape.
- A keen eye for detail.
- The ability to work towards and manage deadlines.
- The willingness to learn to present work to internal stakeholders and clients when required.
- To generate a consistently high level of creative work across the full spectrum of marketing and media channels. Including ATL, BTL, activation, digital and social media.
- Working on more than one design brief at a time
- meeting with account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job; interpreting the client’s business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose;
- thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
- using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- presenting finalised ideas and concepts to creative group heads, account managers and possibly clients
- working with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design
to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Liaising with production and traffic to ensure that requirements and costings are met on jobs.
- Archiving and correct naming of work.