Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Looking to score? Well, get your head in the game because an opportunity for a sports mad contender like this, is a real win! We’re looking for a Junior Designer to join the growing Marketing team at an online sporting-based concern in Cape Town’s CBD. We’re looking for someone with a passion for sports and a flair for the creative. Think Eric Cantona, without the tendency to fly off the rails and drop kick people in the face. Yes, an obsession for sports is a pre-requisite for this role. You’ll be working closely with the Art Director and Copywriter to create entertaining social content and memorable digital brand advertising, as well as retail store designs. The ideal candidate is someone keen on learning animation and video editing skills. If you’re able to come up with ideas, concepts and promotions for memorable Marketing, shoot for this.
- Creation of design and assets for use on our website, retail branches and social media platforms
- Work closely with Digital Content team on social content and strategies
- Offer creative input on creation of all forms of advertising, both above and below-the-line
- Conceptualise and create social content for use across various Social Media channels
- Work closely with Customer Relations Manager in creation of email marketing
- Work collaboratively with Marketing Manager and suppliers to complete marketing campaigns and store designs for retail branches.
- Creation of presentation and mockups to present ideas/executions
- Creation of print ready artwork/signage for retail stores and oversee / assist with store design.
- To bring fresh ideas and approaches and perform any other duties as reasonable requested.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Graphic Design Degree, or relevant qualification
- 1- 2 years’ experience
- In-depth sporting knowledge (must-have)
- Adobe Creative Suite (CS5 and up) essential (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Photographic/Videography skills advantageous
- Fluency in social media platforms
- Understanding of photography, typography and composition
- Exceptional layout and typographic skills
- Ability to interpret CI guidelines into slick beautiful designs
- Basic HTML – advantageous
- Basic Animation (Adobe After Effects) – advantageous
- Video Editing – advantageous
- Knowledge of sports betting and how it works – advantageous
Please submit a relevant and recent portfolio (preferably as a link) upon application.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1831