Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a spectacular opportunity for a Junior Digital Copywriter to work at the Johannesburg office of one of SA’s top agencies on a variety of exciting and iconic brands. Do you have the skill and gift for all manner of Digital copy? We’re looking for a talented writer from any digital environment where you’ve produced digital content such as social media content plans, web banners, emailers, motion graphic messaging, web copy and everything in between. The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of digital environment and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- Meeting the creative directors, clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job
- Interpreting client’s business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose
- Thinking creatively to produce new concepts as well as: Social Media Content Plans, Web banners, email newsletters, Motion Graphics messaging, Websites & Microsites
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts
- Thorough understanding of digital communications
- In addition to working with Creative Directors, Art Directors & Graphic Designers, Copywriters are often involved in the production process. This may include casting actors & voice over artists or dealing with production companies and directors.
- Research & discovery to gain insight for new projects
- Brainstorming ideas and concepts
- Working in a close-knit creative partnership with the Creative Director or, Art Director to generate concepts and ideas
- Writing clear, persuasive, original copy relevant to target market
- Submitting ideas and discussing progress with the creative director before making presentations to clients
- Amending, revising or redeveloping campaigns in response to feedback from the creative director or clients
- Working on several campaigns at once, under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proofreading copy to check spelling and grammar;
- Liaising with production companies, photographers, designers and developers
- Brand and CI custodian/gatekeeper.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Qualification
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as a Digital Copywriter/Content Writer
- A sound knowledge of the relevant structures and processes in an agency environment
- Confident communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- A passion for ideas
- Attention to detail
- MS Word
- MS PowerPoint or Keynote
- MS Outlook
Please submit your portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam414