Picsell Media is looking for efficient and motivated people with excellent English skills and an interest in the media to join its busy team in the Cape Town office. We add captions and keywords to images for use by the likes of the Daily MailOnline and E News.
The job involves a potential mix of:
- Correcting and editing captions, keywords and metadata
- Editing, cropping, lightening and colour-correcting images
- Adding keywords, including fashion terms, editing image sets from celebrity photo and news agencies
- Meeting deadlines and coping with a fast-paced work environment
Celebrity/news work is carried out over two eight-hour shifts (morning and afternoon/evening) across the seven days (including weekends).
Tell us why you want to work at Picsell Media in your cover letter. Before applying, be sure to visit our website http://www.picsellmedia.com/jobs/ to find out what we’re about.
- Applicants must be ‘words’ people, quick to learn, with impeccable spelling and grammar, a good work ethic, and the ability to multi-task. Interest in celebrities and fashion is useful.
- The role is not suited to people who are primarily photographers, videographers or graphic designers.
- Experience in the media or photo libraries (although this doesn’t have to be extensive) is useful but not required. Qualifications in communications, journalism, media, library, languages, history or art history is a must.
Salary: R10 - 15 000