A leading safari operator in Africa is looking for a stand-out mid-weight Graphic Designer for their Cape Town office. This exciting role is a contract position. You will be responsible for all design creative deliverables, for both in-camp, print and online use. We are looking for someone who is passionate about beautiful design, has an eye for detail and works well in a team environment. The successful candidate should be comfortable working within the brand guidelines, but be able to offer new and conceptual ideas for projects. An interest and or knowledge of the safari or tourism industry is an added bonus.
- You will be responsible for the design and roll out of Marketing collateral.
- Create design assets to be used on various brand websites and social media platforms.
- The designer will work closely with the brand manager to ensure that the creative output is aligned with the business objectives.
- Drive innovation in approach to delivery and output
- Keep on trend with design and advertising innovations across different offerings
- Willingness to apply creative and lateral thought to creative briefs to deliver the best possible result
- Promote the image of the sales team as a best in class externally with our clients and internally with our key stakeholders
- The company values play an important role in how we define ourselves and set ourselves apart. We place high value on living these values in every day work practices.
- Attend all Training & Development programs as required.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification from a recognised institution
- At least 1-3 years’ previous experience in an advertising or design agency
- An understanding and eagerness to work across all channels and integrated campaigns (i.e. BTL, ATL and Digital)
- Design abilities in both print and digital fields
- High level of expertise using Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Knowledge of Flash and HTML – advantageous
- Experience with WordPress – advantageous
- A strong portfolio of previous work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great team player; and cool under pressure
- Good understanding of Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Some understanding of the role of sales-driven and leads-driven creative executions.
Please submit a relevant portfolio as a PDF/link along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1921