Are you a communications pro with exceptional writing skills? Yes? Then look sharp because we have a stunning opportunity for a mid-senior Manager of Internal Communications at a leading retailer’s Cape Town office. The role will see the successful candidate managing the internal communications function to impart information about company strategies and initiatives as well as Marketing and Public Relations campaigns to management and employees of the Company. We’re looking for someone with previous internal communications writing experience – this is essential as the ability to write well is of utmost importance in this role. Come on and show us what you’ve got!
- Manage the execution of the internal communications plan
- Identify new and grow existing communications channels within the company.
- Manage the production process of the staff newspaper in conjunction with the appointed agency
- Manage the programme for existing internal communications channels (inclusive of a bi-weekly newsletter).
- Demonstrate competence and understanding of internal communications goals.
- Manage the internal communications programme of the CEO
- Liaise with internal stakeholders on the execution of the CEO communications programme.
- Execute internal distribution actions as per the approved strategy and programme.
- Develop and implement a customer information programme at store level
- Develop and coordinate a programme to promote the Group’s CSI projects to be broadcast on plasma screens to customers at store level
- Liaise with internal stakeholders on the execution of the programme
- Relationship building
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the business to identify news and become familiar with company projects, programmes and initiatives that should be communicated to staff.
- People Management
- Mentor, lead and coach members of the internal communications team
- Ensure team meets performance KPIs
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 3 year Degree in Communications (Editorial/Journalism) or Degree/Diploma in related field
- 5+ years’ experience as Journalist or Publicist
- 3+ years’ experience as an in-house Journalist
- 3+ years project coordination experience
- 1-2 years’ experience managing or leading a team
- Strong writing skills
- Traditional and editorial media experience
- Social Media knowledge – desirable
- Printing processes knowledge – desirable
- Written communication skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Photography skills – desirable
- Online research skills – desirable
- Able to leading and supervise
- Ability to decide and initiate action
- Ability to support and cooperate -Working with people
- Interacting and presenting abilities
- Relating and networking abilities
- Persuading and influencing abilities
- Skilled at presenting and communicating information
- Skilled at analysing and interpreting -writing and reporting
- Able to create and innovate
- Able to formulate strategies and concepts
- Able to plan and organise
- Able to deliver results and meet customer expectations
- Enterprising & performing – Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam230