Digital media/content savvy marketers this one’s for you!
Are you a a Marketing specialist who happens to be a killer content creator with great organisational skills and technical know-how? Look sharp because we have a very exciting opening for a junior Marketing Assistant to join the Marketing team at a super, innovative company in the Tech & B2B space. We’re looking for a talented and passionate marketer with a hunger to learn new things and to be involved in a wide variety of projects from conception to delivery. As one of Africa’s leading software development companies, with a growing team of seriously talented people, this is a great place to hang your hat. The role calls for someone who can help spread the word, communicate the value of automation, and to generally help create compelling content that educates the market. Your responsibilities include assisiting the Marketing Manager implementing campaigns, events, monthly tasks and more as well as create amazing content. This position is ideal for a confident, well-rounded junior Marketer who is passionate about writing and is great at it, someone who can use their initiative and be a problem solver. Exciting? We think so.
- Directly support the Marketing Manager in the execution of the Marketing Strategy
- Developing blogs, eBooks and other online content such as videos, SlideShares, presentations etc.
- Help create content for our customer self-help and knowledge base resource
- Assist with the research, curation and publishing of Social Media content
- Help with the development of focused Marketing campaigns
- General administration tasks required by the Marketing team
- To provide logistical support for any company events (internal and/or customer facing)
- Help with recurring Marketing tasks such as internal newsletters, keeping the intranet up to date, and collecting Marketing statistics to report on monthly – etc.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Degree or Diploma, preferably in Marketing or related fields
- GREAT communication skills (verbal & written)
- Excellent written command of the English language and an ability to spot a spelling or grammar mistake a mile away
- A solid understanding and core belief in Inbound Marketing
- Experience producing visual content using tools such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator – nice to have but not essential
- At least 6 months electronic writing experience in the tech or B2b space (i.e. blog, magazines, newspapers, user guides, technical documents, websites etc.)
- Experience with WordPress and/or a basic working knowledge of HTML – nice to have but not essential
- Very detail orientated and a good planner
- A very keen interest in the technical industry
- Able to take initiative, and not afraid to stand by their decisions
- Super savvy on Social Media
- Very comfortable creating great online and educational content
- An understanding of SEO and creating well-optimised content across all communication mediums
- Design flair – nice to have but not essential
- Valid code 08 driver’s license
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2585