Exciting opportunity for a mid-weight Marketing Campaign Manager to work advertising business in Africa while based in the beautiful city of Cape Town. In this role you will be tasked with initiating, supporting, coordinating, managing and reporting on key Marketing projects that align with the brand strategy, to ensure sustainable markets and continuous customer growth. The successful candidate will take responsibility for Brand Strategy Implementation, Alignment of Communication and Advertising, Campaign Management and Relationship Building. It is important to note that this is a fast-paced role and as such we are looking for someone who works well under pressure and at lighting speeds. Flex your highly skilled project management skills, attention to detail, deadline-driven, whizz kid muscles for this position!
- Plan, implement and track the annual brand strategy for a specific brand and division in the Group.
- Research the customer market on an on-going basis to ensure relevance of communication.
- Have a thorough understanding of the media within a specific division to ensure that communication reaches the relevant target market effectively.
- Consistently research current economic trends and the impact thereof on brands.
- Measure the effectiveness of the marketing plan through continuous analysis and reporting.
- Align all communication and advertising endeavours with the annual Brand strategy in terms of the look, feel, price and product offering.
- Ensure that all media selections are efficient and in line with the brand strategy.
- Coordinate and participate in promotional activities.
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day marketing / advertisement activities of the brand.
- Manage campaign budgets to ensure that spend is tracked and delivers return on investment.
- Analyse historical sales information and strategically plan promotions to ensure that timing and effectiveness are maximised for the business.
- Foster a sustainable relationship with internal business clients / stakeholders and brand agencies.
- Provide a support function to divisions on a daily basis.
- Act as liaison between the internal client and agency during project briefings and implementation.
- Provide briefings to agencies that are of high quality and ensure that all endeavours support the marketing and business strategy.
- Plan and implement national campaigns against deadlines and costs.
- Provide and receive continuous feedback regarding the execution of advertising collateral.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- BComm (Marketing) or similar qualification Vega Brand Communication School / Red & Yellow School – essential
- Marketing Qualification at Vega Brand Communication School/ Red & Yellow/ IMMI – desirable
- 3-5 years Marketing experience (i.e. Retail Marketing, Shopping Centre promotions etc.)
- 1–2 years Retail experience
- 2-3 years Campaign Coordination (e.g. advertising) experience
- Marketing principles and practices knowledge – essential
- Excellent Communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office Suite – especially Excel skills)
- Project/ Campaign Management skills
- ABLE TO WORK WELL UNDER PRESSURE & AT LIGHTNING SPEEDS – A MUST!
- A leader
- Good working with people
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2653