Candidates from a previously disadvantaged background will be given preference.
Ever dreamed of a chance to combine your super content & copy skills with your passion for community care and conservation? Well it looks like your dreams could be your reality with this incredibly exciting position for a junior to mid-weight Copywriter/Marketing Content Creator at a highly prestigious luxury hospitality group in their Cape Town HQ. This exciting opening for a top-notch writer and content creator is ideal for someone who is truly dedicated to and passionate about conservation and luxury travel. In this role you’ll be able to combine your strategic content creation skills with your need to make a difference in this dynamic organisation that supports key conservation initiatives through hospitality and philanthropy. We’re looking for a for a highly talented individual who is comfortable with all areas of copy and content production (written and multimedia), across print and online communication channels. The successful candidate will assist the General Manager of Marketing with driving content ideas, research, and distribution so as to consistently communicate the organisation’s 100-year purpose, objectives and activities to various internal and external stakeholders in a consistent manner. If you want to be afforded the incredibly prestigious opportunity of working with this group, whose pioneering spirit and sincere desire to preserve wilderness areas for future generations sets them apart. Don’t miss out on this one!
- Develop Copy and Content, in partnership with and under the guidance of the General Manager of Marketing.
- Strategise and create content that educates, engages the audience, nurture leads, supports business goals and tells a brand story across multiple print and digital platforms.
- Write clear, compelling, original copy for eBrochures, email newsletters, press releases, reports, case studies, event material, and other print marketing collateral.
- Produce copy and content for visual communications tools such as video scripts, infographics, posters etc.
- Assist with creating SEO-friendly content for websites, blog posts, social media campaigns, infographics, and campaigns.
- Assist with content for internal communications materials.
- Develop and maintain content schedules with the marketing and PR team.
- Proof-read and edit online and offline content.
- Be prepared and willing to perform tasks outside the given job description when asked from time to time.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or similar
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a related field
- Knowledge of and experience in content strategy development and implementation across a variety of traditional and digital communication platforms
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Deadline driven with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Highly productive, without compromising on quality and accuracy.
- Ability to simplify complex messages and make it audience-friendly.
- Initiative-taking, resourceful and works well independently.
- Detail-orientated and meticulous.
- Knowledge of and experience in the coordination of multimedia production and editing – advantageous.
- Design skills (Adobe InDesign/Photoshop) or similar – not a necessity but advantageous.
- Thrive under pressure
- A relationship builder by nature
- Open-minded and intuitive
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Confident to make considered decisions and stand by them
- Curious and passionate about our industry, constantly seeking out new trends and ideas on how to enhance our guests experience
- Sophisticated with a keen eye for detail
- Have a flexible approach to working hours, thought processes, systems and product
- A quick learner
- Committed to conservation.
Please submit a writing portfolio on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam349