We have a superb opportunity for a dynamic, mid-weight Marketing Coordinator to support and assist the Marketing Department at a leading manufacturer in the décor hardware sector. In this exciting role you will be responsible for implementing various below-the-line projects on a retail level. The successful candidate will be required to create a dominant in-store presence that is brand fit, with their retail display (and its supporting marketing material). An understanding of the retail environment is critical as your scope of work will include visiting stores, creating briefs, sourcing the right suppliers, and managing projects from design, prototyping to production and national installation. As Marketing Coordinator, you will need to develop good working relationships with internal departments, Sales Team and various suppliers. The retail environment is complex and inconsistent, it therefore requires strategic, creative and practical skills for the creation and implementation of projects. Are you up to the challenge?
- Ensuring brand uniformity and consistency
- Budget and cost management
- Research and store visits
- Packaging – container selection, design, content, communication vehicle
- Product information sheets and training PowerPoint presentations
- Marketing at retail to create an inviting, streamlined and confident in-store experience from uniforms and brochures to point of sale and event equipment
- Colour Marketing Material including:
- Possibly digital; including display, social, paid social and PPC
- Maintaining a strong working relationship with the Sales Director and Sales Team – input, buy in, Marketing instructions, sales tools
- Working with internal departments for input, buy in etc. including the technical team, factory, warehouse, finance, buying (packaging, labels etc.)
- Management of suppliers – from sourcing new suppliers, briefing, prototype approvals, to production, delivery, installation and quality control. Includes design agency, store designers, shopfitters, industrial designers and possibly visual merchandisers – artistic, strategic and practical skills. National implementation is important.
- Identifying new marketing opportunities
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 3-year Marketing qualification (IMM, Diploma, Degree)
- Minimum 6-10 years Marketing experience.
- Experience in FMCG Retail and below-the-line is essential.
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, E-Mail, Cloud
- Hardworking, dedicated and honest with initiative and enthusiasm
- Exceptional project management skills – ability to manage multiple “urgent” jobs
- Ability to work independently as well as take instruction and leadership
- Strong organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Team player who enjoys working with people and good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to travel (predominantly to JHB) when required for projects (normally 1 day visits)
- Flexible – The retail environment is complex and inconsistent, therefore requires strategic, creative and practical skills for the creation and implementation of projects.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Mich1289