Look sharp and be quick to respond to this fantastic opportunity for a Mid-Senior Marketing Manager: Retail at a leading retail group’s Cape Town office! This exciting role will see you play a brand custodian role through understanding and interpreting the Business and Marketing strategy and translating them into the execution of a compelling, integrated Brand Marketing and Communications plan to achieve agreed business objectives. You’ll be tasked with providing strategic input into the Marketing Strategy by providing customer insights, business direction and solutions to ensure business objectives have been delivered against KPI’s. It is essential that you have Brand & FMCG experience and have worked with a Sales team. It is also vital that you understand business and are able to manage both agency and internal stakeholder relationships. Don’t miss out!
- Position the brand to the market, in a way that focuses on driving sales and customer engagement.
- Ensure the brand is positioned as the retailer of choice for customers.
- Support the business to achieve its strategy and goals
- Influence key stakeholders in the interpretation, implementation and execution of the strategic marketing vision and direction.
- Manage end to end process from marketing into the advertising agency, by turning the strategy into an execution plan and then briefing the communication into agency.
- Ensure that the communication objectives are understood and deliver integration across channels and touch points that deliver to the objectives of the briefs and the business.
- Partner in the creative development and execution process and approve from a brand perspective within mandate.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant diploma or Degree in Marketing
- At least 5 years of Marketing experience at Brand Manager level in FMCG or Retail.
- Solid technical knowledge and awareness across all elements of marketing
- 360 media understanding
- FMCG experience – essential (and retail experience is advantageous)
- Sales team experience
- Understanding of business
- Passion for retail, brand and customers
- Influencing skills
- Strategic and conceptual thinker with ability to identify insight strategy into plans and deliverables
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Creative thinker, creative sensibility and ability to evaluate creative work
- Commercial acumen; demonstrates basic business sense and understanding, as well as understands the macroeconomic environment
- Team player: willing to work co- operatively with others, within the team and across departments, towards a common objective
- Planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Agility and flexibility
- Ability to understand and interpret local and international trends
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Emotional intelligence
- Presentation skills/ articulate
- Proactive, takes initiative and driven.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2673