Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an exciting opportunity for a mid-senior Consumer Marketing Manager at one of South Africa’s most established financial services brands. The role is based in Cape Town’s Northern Suburbs. In this role you will develop and implement consumer marketing, engagement, communication plans, campaigns and initiatives that support the Brand’s business objectives. The company provides financial wellness solutions that meet the needs of low income clients, including funeral insurance, health, savings, hospital cash-back cover, retirement solutions and life insurance. We’re looking for someone experienced, dynamic and driven to do great work.
- Keep abreast of trends and best practices within the consumer marketing and communication field.
- Partner with clients and stakeholders and provide expertise on packaging campaigns for consumer marketing purposes
- Contribute to the development of consumer marketing strategies and policies.
- Draft and implement consumer marketing, engagement and communication plans either through third party agencies or through the use of the Regional Marketing Activation Specialist
- Manage and continuous improve the delivery of the Regional Marketing Activation Specialists as a critical function in the delivery of this role and its objectives
- Continuously improve the effectiveness of the consumer marketing and communications activities
- Liaise with stakeholders in order to obtain consumer marketing campaigns and initiatives requirements.
- Draft clear and concise briefs in response to client needs.
- Advise and guide stakeholders on creative ideas and concepts for consumer marketing campaigns
- Work collaboratively within the business unit to provide an effective and efficient service.
- Manage expectations of clients regarding status and completion of individual campaigns.
- Manage the delivery of consumer campaigns and initiatives.
- Support in the preparation of collateral (presentations etc.) for the when they are required to address external stakeholders and/or represent the brand.
- Engage, monitor, influence and work closely with the full marketing value chain to deliver high quality consumer marketing initiatives.
- Drive the implementation of communication and marketing strategies that support strategic business objectives.
- Engage with clients in a client-centric manner
- Participate and contribute to a culture which build rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders.
- Take ownership for driving career development and the ongoing development of the Regional Marketing Activation Specialists
- Contribute to the development of area specific budgets to minimize expenditure, in alignment with operational plans
- Identify opportunities to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency
- Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum
- Contribute to the process of negotiating objective and realistic service level agreements, monitor appropriateness and recommend adjustments.
- Deliver on service level agreements made with clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Com Communication or Marketing Degree
- Preferable: Degree/Honours in Communications or Marketing
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role
- Consumer marketing experience advantageous
- Experience within Financial Services or FMCG specifically would be advantageous
- Business acumen
- Client/stakeholder commitment
- Drive for results
- Impact and influence
- Self-Awareness and insight.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2755