Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an exciting opportunity for a mid-senior Direct Marketing Manager at one of South Africa’s most well-established financial services companies. The role is based in Cape Town’s Northern Suburbs. In this role you will manage the end-to-end Consumer Marketing for the Direct consumer to craft and drive innovative brand marketing and communication that will create brand awareness and increase sales to ensure profitability and the sustainability of the brand. The company provides financial wellness solutions that meet the needs of low income clients, including funeral insurance, health, savings, hospital cash-back cover, retirement solutions and life insurance. We’re looking for someone experienced, dynamic and driven to do great work.
- Implement, support and drive the marketing and branding strategy, based on knowledge of established objectives for the Direct Consumer Marketing function.
- Engage, monitor, influence and work closely with the full marketing value chain to deliver high quality marketing initiatives.
- Be the Subject Matter expert on the Direct Consumer Needs and Business’s objectives – translate and effect these into relevant Marketing strategies, implementation plans and actions
- Function as an integrated marketer and utilise all channels and mediums to enable strategy through to experience
- Evaluate and monitor competitive products, services and marketing activities and channel these insights into the optimisation of consumer marketing initiatives.
- Evaluate and monitor competitive products, services and marketing activities and channel these insights into the optimisation of marketing initiatives.
- Provide input into all supporting media strategies, to maximise the impact of the intended campaign for consumer marketing
- Drive innovation within the marketing and brand function.
- Conceptualise and execute marketing creative. Work with the creative team in conceptualising how and when to use marketing materials and capture target audience, and brainstorming and working with internal resources to execute new marketing ideas.
- Establishing advertising and digital standards and guidelines for the group.
- Partner and interact with vendors to supply materials supporting marketing concepts.
- Collaborate with product development, sales & service, technical marketing, technology, marketing and creative teams to drive the strategy and development of the appropriate marketing and communication solution
- Effectively deliver marketing messaging to target audiences, including mobile, video, social etc.
- Drive the development and measurement of marketing metrics that enable effective decision making around revenue growth, market share, marketing intelligence and profitability.
- Establish mechanisms to build relationships with existing and prospective clients, intermediaries, shareholders, industry bodies and the community.
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals.
- Partner and interact with vendors to supply materials supporting marketing concept.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and stakeholders that promote cross delivery practice solutions.
- Contribute to sustaining a competitive edge through external networking and benchmarking and representation on related forums.
- Define fair and innovative client service practices which build rewarding relationships, and allows team to provide exceptional client service.
- Contribute to the design of client journeys that result in a superior client experience.
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders to identify changing client needs and align service offering with client needs.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Post-graduate degree in Business Management, Marketing or Behavioural Sciences
- 5 years brand and marketing experience within the industry and financial services industry
- Competence in digital marketing strategy, business development and corporate communication
- Emerging market experience
- FMCG experience; Retail and Alcohol market experience
- Business Acumen
- Client/Stakeholder commitment
- Drive for results
- Leads change and innovation
- Self-awareness and insight
- Diversity and inclusiveness
- Motivating and inspiring team.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2756