Are you an experienced Marketing Manager or Senior Brand Manager looking to work for one of SA’s leading retailers – a well-known household name in SA.
The role is based in Cape Town.
- Act as brand custodian through understanding and interpreting the business and marketing strategy and translating them into the execution of a compelling, integrated brand marketing and communications plan to achieve agreed business objectives.
- Provide strategic input into the marketing strategy by providing customer insights, business direction and solutions to ensure business objectives have been delivered against KPI’s.
- Relevant diploma or degree in marketing
- 5 years + of marketing skills at brand manager level in FMCG or retail
- Solid technical knowledge and awareness across all elements of marketing
- 360 media understanding
- FMCG experience essential and retail experience is a huge advantage
- Passion for retail, brand and customers
- Influencing skills
- Strategic and conceptual thinker with ability to identify insight strategy into plans and deliverables
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Creative thinker, creative sensibility and ability to evaluate creative work
- Commercial acumen; demonstrates basic business sense and understanding, as well as understands the macroeconomic environment
- Team player: willing to work co- operatively with others, within the team and across departments, towards a common objective
- Good planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Agility and flexibility
- Ability to understand and interpret local and international trends
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Presentation skills/ articulate
- Proactive, takes initiative and driven
- Position the brand to the market, in a way that focuses on driving sales and customer engagement
- Ensure our brand is positioned as the retailer of choice for customers
- Support the business to achieve its strategy and goals
- Influence key stakeholders in the interpretation, implementation and execution of the strategic marketing vision and direction
- Execution of the marketing plan
- Manage end to end process from marketing into the advertising agency, by turning the strategy into an execution plan and then briefing the communication into agency
- Ensure that the communication objectives are understood and deliver integration across channels and touch points that deliver to the objectives of the briefs and the business
- Partner in the creative development and execution process and approve from a brand perspective within mandate
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.