Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a terrific opportunity for a Senior Marketing Manager at a tourism, trade and investment concern based in Cape Town. We’re looking for a dynamic individual to own this generalist role within the Marketing and Communications Unit. You will be responsible for the production of excellent written content, copywriting and marketing material – you will not do any ‘hands on’ writing but rather be adept at managing suppliers and agencies whose writing services are being used. In light of this you must have experience managing agencies/suppliers and have worked with written content. In this exciting role, you will oversee Digital accounts to optimise Marketing and Social Media platforms as well manage the agency’s website. Together with the Chief Communications Officer you will be responsible for agency Marketing campaigns and interact with external service providers in the delivery of said campaigns. Additionally, you will be required to provide support to branding initiatives and strategic events so as to ensure excellent outcomes. Don’t miss out!
- Expert at managing the editing, copywriting and creating of content that serves the various objectives including video, print and on online.
- Checking facts and messaging to ensure they are accurate and adhere to copyright laws.
- Project manage the publication of all publicity material to maximise brand promotion, including of opinion pieces and online material.
- Research, identify and compile competitive insights to guide and optimise Digital Marketing efforts and Social Media accounts
- Oversee the management of the corporate website, to ensure it keeps up to date with industry best practise.
- Assist to evaluate the effectiveness of all marketing and communication activity
- Together with the Chief Communications Officer, create marketing campaigns and work with the company’s external agency to see them executed as well as co- marketing/partnership programs
- Assist to evaluate the effectiveness of all marketing activity.
- Manage Graphic Designers
- Monthly reporting on key departmental performance indicators.
- Interaction with advertising Agencies in the execution of Campaigns and Web management
- Social media management/strategy and display a good understanding of Digital user experience
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Marketing or related degree – Postgraduate qualification is advantageous
- A proven track record of a minimum of least 7 years work experience in a Marketing environment
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in each of the following: Exceptional skills and experience in content production and copy-writing
- Brand experience
- Events experience
- Experience managing Graphic Designers
- Excellent and confident written and communication skills
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Be proactive
- Highly organised
- Creative thinking and fast learner
- Problem solving skills
- Self-driven and able to project manage
- Excellent communication etiquette to all internal and external clients
- Apply laws, regulations and policies
- Customer focused
- Assess current trends in the industry
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure
- Negotiation skills
- Able to work well within a team and Independently
- Be prepared to work irregular hours
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of tourism, trade and investment promotion industry will be to your advantage
- Management skills.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Mich1300