Premier Hotels and Resorts – one of SA’s leading, independent hotel groups, is looking for a dynamic, but experienced Marketing Services Manager, to oversee the marketing communications function. The position is based in Seapoint, Cape Town.
Key responsibilities, will include:
- Establish a clear brand identity framework for Premier Hotels and Resorts, including brand positioning, brand standards, brand CI, brand local advertising – with the aim of empowering hotel GM’s, and assisting marketing personnel in execution.
- Implement the Premier communication plan in the most cost-effective way, ensuring brilliant standards and breakthrough creativity that delivers results, through:
- Smart “bretail “advertising in suitable media without wastage (brand excellence but with retail delivery).
- Data-led digital performance marketing, delivering low cost-per-leads, cost-per-view and cost-per-acquisition – per market segment. This includes regular but relevant direct marketing to the BTB and BTC database.
- Professional and relevant collateral for different market segments and Premier.
- Relevant Media planning and buying, barters.
- Special events /exhibitions /trade fairs that sales can leverage
- Deliver excellent social media results through an innovative, hands on approach to all channels, providing world-class content and an urgent responsiveness to all customers and guests.
- A fully updated website that is optimized for desktop, mobile and any device, with great search engine functionality when locations are accessed for hotel accommodation – and with updated local attractions, offers and partnerships.
- Ensure a strong Public Relations profile for Premier, and for hotels within the portfolio including media partnerships, profiling with relevant “free media support” to move the needle.
- Deliver a Premier CRM strategy that increases members, occupancies, rewards and persuades regulars to stay loyal with easily accessible benefits and attracts new customers we want from corporate and other segments.
- Deliver full marketing and support for new hotel launches, refurbishments and /or upgrades – including facility, restaurant etc improvements.
- Manage and motivate a small in-house marketing, advertising and social media team
- Reports to the Group Marketing, Sales and Revenue Director
Key requirements and attributes
- Marketing degree or diploma, and minimum 5 years marketing experience or advertising experience in a management role
- Appropriate experience in hospitality, tourism, FMCG or retail environment
- Creative and passionate
- Appropriate IT skills, analytical and ability to conceptualise and present campaigns with sound strategic foundation
- Ability to react quickly and pro-actively to business requirements in a fast paced environment
- CRM and loyalty programme experience
- Team player, motivator and a calm demeanour.