Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
A fabulous opportunity has opened up for a mid-senior Marketing & Communications Copywriter to work in-house at a super Cape Town corporate commerce and tourism agency’s Marketing and Communications Unit. We’re looking for a dynamic and passionate individual with drive and diverse creative talent and coordination skills. In this exciting role you will be responsible for the production of excellent written Content, Copywriting and Marketing material. The successful candidate will oversee digital accounts to optimise Marketing and Social Media platforms as well manage the agency’s website. Together with the Chief Communications Officer you will be responsible for agency’s Marketing campaigns and interacting with external service providers in the delivery of said campaigns. The position will also be required to provide support to branding initiatives and strategic events that ensure excellent outcomes. If you are the multi-talented super star we’re looking for, get in touch today!
- Expert editing, copywriting and creating content that serves the various objectives including video, print and on online.
- Checking facts and messaging to ensure they are accurate and adhere to copyright laws.
- Project manage the publication of all publicity material to maximise brand promotion, including of opinion pieces and online material.
- Research, identify and compile competitive insights to guide and optimise Digital Marketing efforts and Social Media accounts
- Oversee the management of the corporate website, to ensure it keeps up to date with industry best practise.
- Assist to evaluate the effectiveness of all Marketing and Communication activity
- Together with the Chief Communications Officer, create marketing campaigns and work with the company’s external agency to see them executed as well as co- marketing/partnership programs
- Assist to evaluate the effectiveness of all marketing activity.
- Monthly reporting on key departmental performance indicators.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Marketing and Communications, or related Degree. Postgraduate qualification is advantageous.
- Proven track record of a minimum of 7 years’ work experience in a Marketing environment
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Content Production, Copywriting, Social media management/strategy
- Copywriting experience at an advertising agency
- Events experience
- Brand experience
- Experience interacting with advertising Agencies in the execution of Campaigns and Web management
- A good understanding of Digital user experience
- Excellent and confident written and communication skills
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Highly organised
- A creative thinking and fast learner
- Problem solving skills
- Self-driven and able to project manage
- Excellent communication etiquette to all internal and external clients
- Able to apply laws, regulations and policies
- Customer focused
- Assess current trends in the industry
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure
- Negotiation skills
- Work well within a team and independently
- Prepared to work irregular hours
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of tourism, trade and investment promotion industry will be to your advantage.
Please submit a relevant portfolio on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam316