Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Mid-Weight PR Account Manager at one of South Africa’s leading communications and public affairs consultancies. This role, based at their client’s Johannesburg head office, calls for an individual who is strong on execution and doesn’t mind getting stuck in and getting their hands dirty. The company has a flat structure and there is no hierarchy, so all their employees are very hands on. With a solid focus on Media, this position requires someone with excellent media contacts who is able to get media to events – this is the most important part of the job. The other important aspect of the role is writing – you will be required to write press releases, opinion pieces, newsletters, speeches, etc. You will also assist with coverage reports.
They may consider a financial journalist so if that’s your background and you have the required skills, get in touch.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Previous PR Consultancy or hands on external PR experience
- Excellent writing skills (press releases, op ed, thought leadership, speeches, newsletters, etc.)
- Previous financial services industry client experience
- Tech savvy and able to edit within a software system
- ‘Africa’ experience – a bonus
- No ego
- Loyal and trustworthy
- Hard working
- Hands on.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam326