Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates.
Does clever copy come naturally to you? Yes? Well heads up because we’re looking for a talented mid-weight advertising agency through-the-line Copywriter with a passion for wordplay and a conceptual mind. In this exciting role you will be responsible for developing concepts and written copy across a broad range of projects, from campaigns and marketing material, to multimedia and video and radio scripts. This would include copy for internal and external promotional material. The work calls for strong thinking ability, creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and a professional approach to time and deadlines. This is a stunning opportunity to bring your fresh ideas and enthusiasm to this lovely small, established agency and you’ll get the privilege of working with a down-to-earth team.
- To generate a consistently high level of creative work across the full spectrum of marketing and media channels. Including ATL, BTL, Activations, Digital and Social Media.
- To work through your projects from client brief to execution. This will include executing and giving input on timings, budgets, key strategic and creative deliverables and ensuring high-quality, error-free work.
- Work closely with the team (from client service through to production) to develop high quality campaigns.
- Together with a design team, help craft concepts into original, relevant and impactful communications and follow through to the completion of the job whilst maintaining explicit attention to detail and adhering to time scales. Give constructive input into all campaigns and activities relating to these (brainstorming sessions, audio recordings, client meetings etc.)
- Copywriting and checking. Writing headlines and body copy and guiding the response mechanisms.
- By taking ownership, pride and through the use of all available resources, the end product should be flawlessly executed. Thus ensuring that all deadlines are met, errors are eliminated and work going out is of the highest quality.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant diploma and/or degree from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years working experience.
- Previous advertising agency Copywriting experience.
- Solid creative thinking and the use of your writing skills to produce outstanding creative work within the scope of the brand, business objective and creative brief supplied by the client, account manager or creative group head.
- Strong conceptual skills and a solid conceptual understanding of Copywriting.
- Excellent writing skills.
- A keen eye for detail must be reflected in the execution of your work.
- An excellent command of the English language (spelling and grammar). An ability to write in any other South African language would be advantageous.
- A thorough understanding of promotional activities and Experiential Marketing disciplines.
- A solid capability to take on campaigns with multi-element tasks which requires a concept and carefully considered process to reach the specific objectives at hand.
- Computer literate in the basic programmes e.g. Microsoft Office Suite.
- A solid and up to date understanding of the new media as well the Social Media landscape.
- A sound ability to generate original ideas and solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A keen awareness of, and the ability to meet and adhere to, deadlines within a stressful environment.
- A solid understanding of all disciplines involved in producing a successful through-the-line campaign.
- The ability to present work to internal stakeholders and clients when required.
Please submit a portfolio of your work, your salary expectations and quote the job reference code: #Tam394, in the subject line of your email application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam394