Hero is a full-service, through-the-line strategic marketing agency with expertise that ranges from traditional advertising to the latest developments in the digital world. We offer a depth and breadth of business, marketing and technology services which are arguably unmatched by even our largest competitors.We exist to create more meaningful relationships –- and we do it through the business.
We’re serious about the business of creativity and we do more than just come up with ideas. We fight for them. Fight for them to live beyond the page or screen they appear on. Beyond their 30 second media slot and past the half hour the promoters were at the activation.
Our mid-weight positions sit at the core of executing the goals, plans and vision of the company.Our Copywriters develop concepts and written copy across a broad range of projects, from campaigns and marketing material, to multimedia and video and radio scripts. This would include copy for internal and external promotional material.They are required to produce outstanding communication as directed by the creative/strategy and in line with the Executive Creative Director and Creative Group Head.
The work demands strong thinking ability, creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and a professional approach to time and deadlines.
Writers need to be a positive contributor to the creative team and produce each and every job in a precise and concise manner within the time frame set out.
Required skills & competencies:
- Solid creative thinking and the use of your writing skills to produce outstanding creative work within the scope of the brand, business objective and creative brief supplied by the client, account manager or creative group head.
- Relevant diploma and/or degree from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years working experience.
- Strong conceptual skills and a solid conceptual understanding of copywriting.
- Excellent writing skills.
- A keen eye for detail must be reflected in the execution of your work.
- An excellent command of the English language (spelling and grammar). An ability to write in any other South African language would be advantageous.
- A thorough understanding of promotional activities and experiential marketing disciplines.
- A solid capability to take on campaigns with multi-element tasks which requires a concept and carefully considered process to reach the specific objectives at hand.
- Computer literate in the basic programmes e.g. Microsoft office suite.
- A solid and up to date understanding of the new media as well the social media landscape.
- A sound ability to generate original ideas and solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A keen awareness of, and the ability to meet and adhere to, deadlines within a stressful environment.
- A solid understanding of all disciplines involved in producing a successful through-the-line campaign.
- The ability to present work to internal stakeholders and clients when required.
- To generate a consistently high level of creative work across the full spectrum of marketing and media channels. Including ATL, BTL, activation, digital and social media.
- To work through your projects from client brief to execution. This will include executing and giving input on timings, budgets, key strategic and creative deliverables and ensuring high-quality, error-free work.
- Work closely with the Hero team (from client service through to production) to develop high quality campaigns.
- Together with a design team, help craft concepts into original, relevant and impactful communications and follow through to the completion of the job whilst maintaining explicit attention to detail and adhering to time scales.Give constructive input into all campaigns and activities relating to these (brainstorming sessions, audio recordings, client meetings etc.)
- Copywriting and checking. Writing headlines and body copy and guiding the response mechanisms.
- By taking ownership, pride and through the use of all available resources, the end product should be flawlessly executed. Thus ensuring that all deadlines are met, errors are eliminated and work going out is of the highest quality.