We are a highly entrepreneurial and opportunity focused company who want to be the most desired creative company on the African continent and beyond.
We believe that “the people with the best people win” and our JHB Agency is looking for a dynamic and experienced mid weight copywriter with 3-5 years’ experience to join our team and be part of this audacious vision.
You will be responsible for bold creative ideas, copywriting, conceptual development and crafted storytelling across channels for recognisable, blue-chip brands.
5 THINGS YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Concepts: Not only do you bring brave, new and diverse thoughts to brainstorms, but you come up with strong integrated thinking. You understand the brand’s overall strategy and is able to develop work that answers to this. You may also need to facilitate brainstorms where you are able to build on other’s ideas and come to solutions quicker. You are to pursue simplicity and ensure your thinking is sharp and beautiful.
- Execution: Your experience now means that you must be able to produce work faster and you should by now have mastered the art of writing in various tones of voice.
- Selling and Presenting: You confidently present internally and externally to senior clients without the CD being there. You will need to be able to have a meaningful conversations with clients around the strategic direction of their brand and the brand’s tone of voice and present creative off the back of strategy and link the two seamlessly.
- Production: You will now have a lot more autonomy in choosing suppliers (directors/audio engineers/voice artists) and as such you stay appraised of the latest and best people to partner with, in order to have an opinion on who executes your work. You will be expected to harness the best from those suppliers and build relations with them for the ultimate good of the work.
- People and Relationship Management: You hold close and respected relationships across all departments and people genuinely enjoy working with you. You may need to work with and get the best out of junior teams and be open to culturally diverse ideas that don’t match your world view.
3 THINGS YOU MUST HAVE
- A varied (and award-winning) portfolio book which contains a mix of real work and a strong conceptual ability. Please include your portfolio in your submission
- A hunger for the industry and an interest to grow
- A proven track record in reputable advertising agencies (at least 3 years)
1 WAY YOU WILL BE MEASURED
- Remarkable (and award winning) work that works.
We don’t do ego.
We solve in the positive.
While we look at every CV submitted to us in detail, given the sheer volume of applications we’re not able to respond to every applicant personally. Rest assured that if we like what we see, we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.
Alternatively, we’ll keep your details on record for future consideration.
If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.