Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
A superb opportunity has arisen for a conceptual mid-weight Copywriter to make up an Art & Copy team at an established, award-winning agency in Durban. Together you will collaborate, create and conceptualise award winning work; developing top quality campaigns and engaging concepts for their clients. The agency is a full service, multidisciplinary, channel neutral agency – made up of a group of idea generators, strategic thinkers and passionate problem solvers. They are looking for a talented, solid creative writer who has a relevant and impressive portfolio and ad agency experience. You will get to work TTL on a variety of FMCG accounts, in some cases as the global lead. This is your chance to shine!
P.S. If you’re already part of an Art & Copy team, we’d love to hear from you both!
- Work with an Art Director to develop concepts that communicate to a target audience within the scope of the brand and creative brief supplied
- Write top quality scripts, concept statements, long copy, body copy, pay-off lines etc.
- Work closely with the team to develop top quality TTL, fully integrated advertising and promotional campaigns
- Craft concepts into original, relevant and impactful communications; follow through to the completion of the job while maintaining particular attention to detail and adhering to project timelines
- Attending recordings to direct third party suppliers and ensure the creative and client vision is fulfilled
- Regularly create proactive work
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Post-graduate Degree or National Diploma specialising in Copywriting (or similar)
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Copywriter at a reputable Advertising / Digital Agency – agency experience is essential
- Conceptual ability and solid writing skills with a portfolio that demonstrates this (ideally award winning)
- Ability to work independently and manage campaigns
- Ability to work under pressure in a close knit team environment
- Excellent command of the English language
Please submit a through-the-line advertising portfolio (including both above and below the line as well as Digital) on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam289