Hero is a full-service, through-the-line strategic marketing agency with expertise that ranges from traditional advertising to the latest developments in the digital world. We offer a depth and breadth of business, marketing and technology services which are arguably unmatched by even our largest competitors. We exist to create more meaningful relationships – and we do it through the business.
We’re serious about the business of creativity and we do more than just come up with ideas. We fight for them. Fight for them to live beyond the page or screen they appear on. Beyond their 30-second media slot and past the half hour the promoters were at the activation.
As a mid-weight position in the company, this role sits at the core of executing the goals, plans and vision of the company. You will contribute to developing the visual aspect of a promotional campaign from concept to delivery. It includes contributing to the conceptual and stylistic direction; and collating the work of designers, photographers and illustrators where relevant. This role requires a strong eye for design aesthetics, a flair for visual communication and concepts and a good understanding of strategy.
In this process you will be required to implement and make design and concept decisions. The work demands creative flair, self-management, up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and software and a professional approach to time and deadlines.
Required skills and competencies:
- A minimum three-year relevant diploma or degree from a recognised tertiary institution in design/art directorion.
- A minimum of three, and up to five years’ relevant working experience.
- Be proficient in relevant design software.
- Solid decision-making ability.
- Strong conceptual understanding of design and communication.
- Ability to generate original ideas and solutions.
- Solid communication and self-management skills.
- Ability to meet and adhere to deadlines within a stressful environment.
- A good understanding of all disciplines involved in producing a successful through-the-line campaign.
- Ability to illustrate and sketch out ideas
- Thorough understanding of promotional activities and experiential marketing disciplines.
- A good and up to date understanding of new media including the social media landscape.
- A keen eye for detail.
- The ability to work towards and manage deadlines.
- The ability to present work to internal stakeholders and clients when required.
- To generate a consistently high level of creative work across the full spectrum of marketing and media channels. Including ATL, BTL, activation, digital and social media.
- Work to a brief agreed with the client, creative group head and/or account manager. Develop creative ideas and concepts choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the brief’s objectives.
- To work through and oversee your projects from client brief to execution. This will include assessing timings, budgets, key strategic and creative deliverables and ensuring high-quality, error-free work.