Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a terrific job opportunity for a mid-weight Digital Designer to work in-house at a renowned hospitality group’s Marketing department based in Cape Town. We are looking for a skilled, cross functional creative individual who is proficient in digital design, visual communication, user experience, content development and creation, video editing and animation. A Digital Designer exposed to printing and production. The role requires exceptional creativity, attention to detail and the ability to take work from conception/ideation to finished digital – and when required to pre-press states. The successful candidate will also provide a supportive role and work closely with the creative and brand teams. The ideal creative candidate is skilled, meticulous and loves technology – if that’ you, we’d love to hear from you!
- Ideate, create and develop design concepts to produce creative solutions that meet the client’s requirements as specified in the brief.
- Contribution to the design thinking process, agile development and 360-degree application of creative elements, with primary focus on digital.
- Working knowledge of HTML, photo and video editing. (Animation skills advantageous)
- Applying current digital trends, design best practice and web production techniques.
- Experience working directly with developers to implement designs.
- Experience with user-centric design, rapid prototyping and user testing.
- Display a good understanding of visual design principles.
- Participate in design discussions and give feedback during planning and strategy meetings.
- Quickly translate ideas into sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, and interactive prototypes.
- Iterate new designs based on user feedback.
- Create digital assets (static, video, and HTML) for a range of platforms (social media, display advertising, eCommerce, websites, mobile apps, etc.).
- Create website assets from hero design to web animations.
- Create email designs for CRM programs and coordinate the creation of email templates in HTML.
- Create and execute concepts for digital advertising.
- Assist the Group Creative Head to enhance the reputation of the studio by working constructively, consistently and with creative flair.
- Work in collaboration with the Brand Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, Creative Team, Traffic Manager, Production Manager and Brand Team to ensure that the requirements of the briefs are met in a timely manner and ready for client presentations when required.
- Work with the traffic and production managers and internal and external suppliers to ensure that projects are managed to deadlines and budgets.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Graphic Design Degree/Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience as a graphic/digital designer in design/advertising/retail print industry.
- Expertise with standard digital design tools, including Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, In Vision, After Effects, Premiere Pro etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML.
- Strong production skills, including knowledge and ability to provide solutions within the constraints of print and digital.
- Understanding of, and experience in, corporate identity management and branding, layout, colour theory and typography in both print and digital media.
- Strong portfolio showing the breadth of digital design capabilities.
- Work flexibly with both internal and external clients by being approachable, listening carefully, informing fully and being patient.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients by being committed to their needs (Teamwork is essential).
- Manage projects with composure.
- Meet deadlines and take responsibility for the quality and timelines of agreed deliverables.
On application please submit your portfolio as a link/PDF along with your CV.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris2013