We have an exciting opportunity for a mid-weight Digital Project Manager at one of SA’s most loved agencies. This Cape Town based role will see you managing their key Clients’ Social and Digital projects. The right person will have an aptitude for business, management, budgeting and analysis. This high-pressure environment requires you to be the calmest person in the room and the centre that keeps the team focussed and clear on what needs to be delivered. Attention to detail, speed and accuracy should be second nature. Technical knowledge makes sure that our projects don’t fail when put to the test. If you are solutions driven when all others say it can’t be done, then we want to hear from you today!
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all stakeholders (inside and outside the company) and ensuring technical feasibility
- Costing accurately based on the scope
- Coordinating internal resources (within the division and within the group) as well as third parties for the flawless execution of projects
- Developing a detailed project plan to track progress accurately
- Ensuring all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget
- Managing resource availability and allocation to projects
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationships and communicate effectively with Client Service and all other stakeholders.
- On more complex projects, direct Client contact relationships to be nurtured and maintained
- Perform risk management to ensure risks are identified and mitigated early
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/suppliers
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant industry related qualification
- 3-4 years’ experience in this role
- Proven working experience as a digital and/or social project manager
- In-depth knowledge of web-based and social technologies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail, retention of complex information and multi-tasking
- Good understanding of people
- Master at managing conflict
- Solutions driven
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Jira
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Organized and accountable.
- Experience on Chase
- Qualification in project management – a bonus
- Experience in an advertising and/or digital agency – a plus
- A fairly thick skin
- A good sense of humour.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2786