We have an exciting opportunity for a Mid – Senior Corporate Graphic Designer to work in-house at a JSE listed company’s Cape Town CBD offices. We’re looking for someone confident, talented and experienced in the art of branding and corporate design. The successful candidate will join a small Marketing team, bringing a flair for the creative to their really great working environment. Your portfolio reflects your conceptual design ability. Ideally you can work from concept to execution. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, energised, collaborative – we want to hear from you!
- Managing and processing a job from design to print.
- Be adept at bringing the brand to life across multiple touch points.
- Follow exact design instructions according to brief.
- Set up job from initial concept, presentation for client and finished art to suppliers.
- Produce designs on or before deadline.
- Quality control designs before going to client.
- Prepare artwork for print according to printer specifications.
- Create mock-ups for client and suppliers.
- Following up with printers/suppliers on delivery of print/work.
- Develop concepts that are both creative and suitable for client needs.
- Be confident to sign-off proofs at press.
- Taking briefs from account handlers, Creative Head or clients.
- Working both independently and with other creative team members.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Able to work on multiple streams of work at once.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 3-4 year Diploma/Degree in Graphic Design or relevant qualification from an established, recognised institute.
- At least 5 years’ experience in relevant market category.
- At least 2 years’ experience in corporate design.
- Web design and development is an advantage but not essential.
- Well-rounded in Creative Cloud (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat).
- Good Microsoft Word® and PowerPoint® skills.
- Thorough knowledge of printing processes and experience in briefing photographers, illustrators, art workers and retouchers.
- Strong conceptual skill.
- Strong typographical skill.
- Vector illustration skills.
- Fluency with design planning like sketching and scamps.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy is very important.
- Able to present creative work.
- A collaborative approach and the ability to problem solve and think strategically.
- Prepared to work overtime when required.
- A career-driven outlook (pro-active research and continuous self-improvement)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good time management
- Self-motivated (ambitious) and passionate
- Focused and positive
- Attention to detail
- Business insight (corporate design – design with purpose)
- Valid Code EB drivers’ license and own reliable vehicle.
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1737