Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference
We have a fantastic opportunity for a mid-level Graphic Designer to work in the hospitality sector. The successful candidate will join the team at the group’s in-house Marketing studio. Their creative studio is responsible for the majority of their Below-the-Line requirements for a range of well-loved South African brands. The client is looking for a skilled meticulous technical individual with a strong understanding of graphic design, visual communication, printing and reproduction processes. The role requires exceptional attention to detail and the ability to take work from concept stage/ideation to finished pre-press. The successful candidate will further provide a supportive role and work closely with the creative and brand teams to produce work across all brand requirements. Lovely opportunity to work in a fun, vibey environment.
- Ideate, create and develop design concepts to produce creative solutions that meet the client’s requirements as specified in the brief.
- Prepare digital files suitable for proofing and printing, make corrections where necessary.
- Edit graphics and photos using editing software (CC).
- Ensure that all material is appropriately archived and is easily retrievable.
- Implement projects from concept through to completion by planning effectively.
- Ensure a quality end-product that achieves the desired message as well as meets all the technical specifications.
- Be able to work across print and social media platforms
- Stay up to date with software and tools to continuously improve the quality of outputs.
- Assist the Group Creative Head to enhance the reputation of the studio by working constructively, consistently and with creative flair.
- Work in collaboration with the Creative Team, Traffic Manager, Production Manager and Brand Team to ensure that the requirements of the briefs are met in a timely manner.
- Take responsibility for the quality of their own output by consulting with senior team members/Creative Head as and when required.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Graphic Design Degree/Diploma or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience as a Graphic Designer/Conceptual DTP Artist in Advertising or Retail
- Fluency in current Graphic Design practices and software, such as (CC)
Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, After Effects etc.
- Fluent in print production and finished art
- Web/Digital knowledge – advantageous
- An understanding of and experience in Corporate Identity management and Branding, layout, colour theory and typography in both Print and Digital media
- Able to use conceptual and analytical skills to interpret verbal or written briefs and make intelligent production decisions
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients by being committed to their needs (Teamwork is essential).
- Able to manage projects with composure.
- Able to meet deadlines and take responsibility for the quality and timelines of agreed deliverables.
Please submit a relevant portfolio of work along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1933