Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Mid-weight Marketing Manager to join the team at a leading fashion retailer’s Cape Town office. In this exciting role you’ll take the lead from the Senior Marketing Manager, working in collaboration with Marketing and Business/BU colleagues, to translate the Business problem/strategy into an executable Marketing communication plan with a 12-month view across the end to end customer journey. You’ll be responsible for owning and driving the end to end delivery of the plan. You will partner with relevant BU and Marketing teams for on-time delivery of the Marketing strategy and plans taken to market. Focussing on the CP and key deliverables, managing risk and relationships across partners. Don’t miss out on this sought-after opening at a sought-after company – apply today!
- Drive the agreed positioning of the FB brand to the market, in a way that focuses on driving profitable sales and customer engagement/market share.
- Partner the business area you work with to proactively solve business challenges with Marketing solutions, working collaboratively with colleagues and the business area to provide appropriate solutions.
- Support the brand to achieve its strategy and goals, understanding product and how to take that product to market to the target customer.
- Present and deliver the agreed strategic Marketing vision and direction to key business units and stakeholders in the business.
- Attend, understand and interpret market and business trends as appropriate for your area and share and cascade insights with colleagues and your team.
- Keep up to date with new opportunities to ensure that the brand stays ahead of the game, both locally and on a global perspective.
- Responsible for building a brand and taking it to market working in collaboration with colleagues, your line manager and teams across Marketing and the business area accountable for.
- Working with the Marketing Manager provide and cascade an integrated Marketing and comms plan into your teams, and a clear detailed brief to Creative and relevant colleagues using the Project Manager link for delivery, risk management and tracking.
- Check that all relevant digital and online opportunities have been considered, working in collaboration with your Marketing Manager and Digital and Online colleagues as input into your Marketing and Comms plans and detailed brief to target customer needs and new business opportunities.
- Utilise all relevant customer data and research from Customer colleagues and working in collaboration with them, use Insights and data as input into your Marketing and Communication plans and detailed brief to target customer needs and new business opportunities.
- Deliver and drive the achievement of business goals and targets through the agreed compelling and engaging customer communication.
- Grow existing customers and acquire new customers through brand building in line with the BU and Marketing strategy and plan.
- Assist in influencing and changing customer perceptions through Marketing communication in line with the Marketing strategy, customer insights and an understanding of the customer journey and what channels are relevant to the customer you are targeting.
- Attend key operational meetings to ensure key elements across the piece are coordinated and understood in totality for execution.
- Drive partnership with buying groups to ensure alignment of product strategy, merchandise cycle and Marketing strategy.
- Drive the integrated communications plan and briefing process, leading and engaging with key stakeholders and areas of specialisation across 360 areas within Marketing including Agency, VM, Direct, Digital/Online, PR, Social Media.
- Oversee the end to end process from Marketing into Agency working in collaboration with Project Management and colleagues to ensure the team run with on-time efficient delivery to objectives, using the Project Manager link for delivery, risk management and tracking.
- Ensure that the overarching communication objectives and big ideas are understood by the teams executing them to deliver an integrated plan across all channels and touch points.
- Drive key elements of the communications approach such as media planning, brand positioning from concept to execution.
- Drive the execution process and ensure approval process from a brand perspective is adhered to.
- Be proactive in thinking, problem solving and driving best results per campaign objective.
- Ensure timeous delivery of Marketing inputs into the buying group merchandise cycle.
- Act as the primary Marketing point of contact into the business and product groups where agreed with the Marketing Manager
- Work closely with the product business units to ensure deep alignment of trade and product objectives.
- Take a “can-do”, proactive approach to “make it happen”, working with the Buying Groups, Trade Forum, Sales Management, Stores, the Agency etc.
- Engage in all key and relevant aspects of the business, including trade planning, online, sales management, product reviews, IT process, in relation to delivering the 360 integrated plan where relevant to your area
- Manage and maintain annual brand budget for given area of responsibility.
- Ensure effective cost management in delivering to the integrated plan: manage variances in actual expense against budget set.
- Conduct PIR’s to measure and assess efficacy of campaigns.
- Accountable for relationship and stakeholder management with key areas, such as the PR, direct Marketing, visual merchandising and product groups/Agency/Social Media/Online.
- Work proactively across teams and functions, to optimise integration opportunities.
- Influence internal and external stakeholders, peers and team members where necessary to ensure delivery of the Marketing plan.
- Raise issues and concerns timeously and in a professional manner, and manage expectations in line with Values and Strategy
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key 360 partners including Agency, VM, PR & Corp Comms, Direct, Loyalty, Digital, Online, Social Media, Store design and Packaging.
- Proactively manage relationships with product/buying groups.
- Drive and encourage a motivating and positive working experience across business stakeholders and Marketing.
- Complete IPM discussions with direct reports according to IPM timelines.
- Ensure that team members deliver according to the critical path.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Diploma or Degree in Brand Marketing
- Solid (5-7 years) of Marketing skills and experience in Retail / Brands / Agency/PR
- Fashion Retail Marketing experience essential
- Solid technical knowledge and awareness across all elements of Marketing including all relevant Digital Media channels and is up to date with innovative Business and Marketing solutions
- 360° Media understanding and ability to brief into a creative agency
- Digital, Social Media and online experience in taking brands to market is advantageous
- Experience in using customer insights optimally to drive a relevant Marketing strategy and plan
- Analytical skills to interpret Customer data and insights and sales and turnover and then translate this into Comms Strats and operational plans
- Passion for retail, the product, brand and customers
- Ability to translate a Marketing and Comms strategy into integrated operational plans, clear briefs and deliverables
- Creative thinker and ability to evaluate creative work
- Commercial acumen: demonstrates commercially-led Marketing delivery and understanding, as well as understands the macroeconomic environment
- Collaborative team player: willing to work cooperatively with others, within a team and across departments, towards a common objective
- Planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Ability to understand local and international trends and stays up to date with the competitor landscape
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Problem solving ability, assertive and resilient
- Emotional intelligence
- Professional, respectful and courteous in line with the brand values
- Leadership, mentor to the team driving the right culture and behaviours
- Agility, adaptive and flexible in your approach to work
- Influencing and negotiating skills
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Mich1333