Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a fantastic job opportunity in Cape Town, for an experienced mid-weight Copywriter at a highly regarded creative through-the-line agency! If you can wade through piles of content to find the heart of a story, this is for you! If the thrill of a deadline brings out your creative genius, this is for you! If you are driven by the desire to make an impact on the world, this is for you! The role will see you develop effective and meaningful ideas, content, copy and scripts. You must have previous advertising agency Copywriting experience to qualify for this position. We’re looking for a talented writer who can step in and hit the ground running working with the ECD and Group Heads to develop creative, meaningful content that will ingrain brands into popular culture. If this excites you, get in touch today!
- Working with the creative leadership and agency teams to understand the client and create award winning creative work
- Using key messages and client understanding to research and develop work for multiple communication channels, both ATL and digital, as well as any further copy required by the project (including social media content taglines, video end taglines, copy for print and web)
- Working within a team to produce award-winning creative execution.
- Producing a variety of high-quality copy solutions, from punchy short-form to persuasive long-form and scripts.
- Developing concepts and approaches based on their understanding of the client’s communication requirements.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in copywriting for advertising or marketing agencies
- Knowledge/understanding of storytelling principles in traditional ATL channels and digital
- Communication skills
- Writing skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to influence people through creative ideas and written work
- Multi-tasking skills (ability to handle multiple jobs at the same time)
- Relate well to people and show evidence of good teamwork
- Interpersonal skills
- A passion for culture, both internally and externally.
Please submit a relevant portfolio of work along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam443