Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Got that finger of yours on the cultural pulse of the nation? Fabulous, because the person we’re looking for knows what’s hip and happening. Is it you? If you’re an on-trend, music-mad, art-aware and dance-loving, pop culture aficionado it most certainly could be! We have a stunning opportunity for a senior National Culture Marketing Manager at a global youth culture brand’s Cape Town office. We’re looking for someone dynamic with a strong music background (with experience negotiating music rights, label management and artists). You’ll need solid Project Management abilities – as you’ll be executing events and following through on campaigns from start to finish and post. You understand township culture and the lay of the land – as it’s important for the brand to be credible in townships. You have celebrity and opinion leader management skills. Your creative and innovative mindset drives your passion for art and culture.
In this extremely exciting position, you’ll have the overall strategic and operative responsibility for the opinion leaders and cultural events programme in South Africa. The aim is to translate the brand’s global culture marketing strategy within in music and dance into a national strategy and create a locally relevant and innovative programme. In this respect you will be responsible for building and maintaining a strong network of artists and creative thought leaders. Additionally, you’ll develop new concepts and ideas, evaluate the effectiveness and impact of existing programmes, and align closely with media business entities. This role contributes to the overall national marketing initiatives and business goals that are in line with the international culture marketing strategy and business strategy of the brand in South Africa. If you dance to the beat of the nation, you do not want to miss this opportunity!
- Create and execute high quality events of all scales that leverage international projects and programmes.
- Establish and run long-term culture and music platforms as stand-alone or as part of a global initiative.
- Plan and execute an efficient 3rd party events program and execute efficient branding strategies for these events.
- Manage partnership and sponsorship negotiations to cross fund key projects.
- Negotiate and secure relevant music rights to ensure all created content can be utilised via the media business.
- Secure that all key initiatives are leveraged in the media and or embedded in our media strategy.
- Translate the culture strategy in Music and Dance into a national Artist/Opinion Leader programme.
- Establish a rich network in the fields of culture in general being aware of new upcoming trends and movements.
- Establish a strong portfolio of key artists to work with.
- Take care of an optimum usage of the brand product in focused cultured playgrounds by Opinion Leaders and secure a perfect communication about the brand and the product.
- Manage top quality pre and post campaign/event KPI tracking.
- Evaluate the results and final outcome/impact of all activities and translate into learning.
- Survey appearance of the brand in all areas of entertainment and culture.
- Ensure a qualitative approach to evaluate Opinion Leader activities.
- Manage Culture Marketing budget accurately and timely.
- Budget responsibility of the total national Culture Marketing budget.
- Documenting all activities in comprehensive way and create best practice case studies where applicable.
- Contribute reaching all national marketing and sales targets.
- Create and maintain an outstanding Artist/Opinion Leader network.
- Contribute to the brand’s worldwide success due to innovation and unique content.
- Ensure the brands broadcasting is managed best in class and utilised to its max.
- Build a high-performance team of highly engaged people to deliver innovative projects and outstanding results.
- Secure the top-quality implementation of the culture program in the field.
- Work closely with brand, media, sales and field teams to achieve constant alignment on key activities.
- Secure hiring best in class team members and secure long-term succession planning.
- Manage team through targets and KPI and coach via strength model.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- University Degree or similar.
- Minimum 5 years’ proven track record in a music/dance/culture-related environment allowing a vast understanding of the culture landscape in South Africa.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and expertise in dealing with high level artists and related entities (Labels, Management).
- Minimum 3 years’ strong management skills, working with a team of specialists, leading external agencies/freelancers.
- Well-connected in different culture scenes and open to different cultural playgrounds.
- Cross cultural experience – a plus.
- Demonstrating open creative and innovative mindset.
- Clear understanding of global entertainment, music, and culture industries, as well as a firm understanding of youth culture market/scenes.
- Proven track record in managing a team successfully and supporting & developing talents and creating high performance environment.
- Proven track record of managing budgets and company assets successfully – and mitigating risks and spend.
- Proven track record in stakeholder management in a multinational company (HQ, Region) – ability to deal with all levels of management, leading external agencies and freelancers (internally and externally).
- Successful development of a strategic plan and executing it against set KPIs.
- A plus if you’ve worked with studios and recording – as this is a flagship project in culture.
- Process driven with the ability to strategically write scripts and execute.
- Good command of English, verbally articulating themselves. Further local South African languages – a big plus.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #TAM438