Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a mid-weight Online Digital Designer to work in-house at a leading technology company’s head office based in Cape Town’s northern suburbs. The role will see you join the Digital studio of their Product and Marketing division to deliver design and implementation for online design elements including CRM design. You will, along with a small team of Online Designers, be responsible for creating engaging Design work from initial concept development through to final art delivery. This exciting position reports to a senior Designer and will see you creating online advertising banners, animation clips, animated motion banners and more. We’re looking for someone with some knowledge of basic HTML & CSS code; this role would suit a highly tech savvy digital designer, ideally from a digital agency doing similar work but keen to move into an in-house environment. Impress us with your portfolio of online design and let’s make this job yours!
- Online design
- CRM design & implementation work
- Social media design
- Concept development from a brief through to final art delivery
- Static and rich online-specific advertising banners
- Animated banners and videos
- There may be an opportunity to do photography and retouching
- Social media advertising visuals
- Presentation Design
- Training material collateral, such as fact sheets, price lists, sales tools
- Internal campaigns, including posters and mailers
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Visual Arts/Communication training, fine Arts or similar – advantageous
- At least 2-3+ years working experience in an online agency/production situation
- Able to demonstrate end-to-end CRM mailer experience including the ability to deliver final HTML files
- Basic knowledge of code (HTML & CSS) – would be advantageous
- Good presentation skills
- Agency experience at an established online digital agency – considered a strong benefit
- Online retail design experience – an added advantage
- Above-average written and verbal communication
- Tech savvy
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Applications: Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, After Effects, InDesign
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Online advertising banner design experience essential
- Short video production skills – measured as the ability to turn a written brief into a storyboard and develop into a full motion video – advantageous
Please submit a relevant and recent portfolio as a link preferably (or PDF) upon application.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days please consider your application for this specific job unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1824