Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
If you’re looking for that exciting, dream job, you just bumped it! We have an incredible opportunity for a mid-weight Online Editor to work on an iconic international women’s interest consumer publication. What could be more exciting than leading a team of 2 and flexing your fabulous writing skills to generate and edit original content in the Digital space at a fun and fearless online publication? The role requires a manager with significant digital content production, content marketing and social media manager experience. You will be required to seek out, pitch and test opportunities for the brand title to grow its audience and engagement through digital platforms. If you’re a person with an exceptional understanding of SA millennials while keeping a close eye on Gen Z and emerging trends led by them; a genuine interest in people, current trends and hot topics, then this is that job you’ve been waiting for. We’re looking for a real conceptual storyteller who is on top of all things pop culture. The digital writing you’ll be doing includes their website, social as well as a commercial aspect like client campaigns.
Hot, hot, hot opportunity!
- With guidance from the Head of Digital Content, the Online Editor is responsible for overseeing and curating ALL content and activities on ALL of theirs owned digital assets. Owned assets = Website, Digital Magazine, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Mailer.
- Alongside Head of Digital Content, the Online Editor is responsible for leading, creating and implementing the online strategy to meet the objective of quality content production, online audience acquisition and community engagement across all owned platforms.
- Responsible for leading the brand team (as well as contributors) to produce appropriate digital content in line with AMP’s aim to deliver an engaged audience.
- Responsible for managing all content, both editorial and commercial, in a balanced content calendar that services all content pillars.
- Responsible for content production and ensuring ALL deadlines are met.
- Responsible for ensuring that all the brand’s sites and platforms are up-to-date, relevant, on-brand, newsworthy, responsive and engaging.
- Ensure that all digital content is factually correct and professional.
- Oversee the loading of all competitions, surveys, polls and other interactive components.
- Manage the formatting, uploading and archiving of content.
- Coordinate the digital subbing process.
- Alongside the Content Manager, manage the mailing of the weekly web newsletters.
- Stay abreast with tech changes and work alongside Group Digital Technical Manager to implement and train the team on best practice (this includes social media algorithm changes, SEO, new platform opportunities etc.)
- Once strategy is put in place, adhere to content posting guidelines and daily content requirements.
Editorial Content & Marketing
- Conceptualise and brief in editorial content pieces that help to build an authentic brand.
- Create a topline yearly content calendar and plan in advance for holidays/events/tactical opportunities/awards shows/celebrity birthdays etc.
- Create a detailed monthly content calendar that fleshes out these content opportunities with new or evergreen content. This content calendar should leave space for trending/timeous content each day.
- Brief in editorial copy and artwork to relevant parties well in advance, ensuring that the brand keeps publishing stunning editorial content of the same caliber as commercial.
- Liaise with marketing to oversee on-sale briefs, and to strategise how best to push sales and subscriptions.
- Liaise with CRM to ensure that our newsletter is constantly on point.
- Liaise with Special Projects to adequately promote all events well in advance.
- Liaise with Campaign Management to promote content to the correct audience.
- Manage our editorial content production budget and, alongside Head of Digital Content and Deputy Editor, identify opportunities to collaborate on, produce, outsource and promote content.
- Ensure that commercial content stays true to brand and our readers.
- Edit and review all commercial content and flag any issues with Head of Digital Content.
- Push back on, and rework, any content that isn’t brand appropriate.
- Suggest new and innovative ways for the content production team to produce commercial content.
- Ensure that the balance of commercial and editorial content is always optimal.
- Daily site checking and maintenance.
- Problem reporting and escalation.
- Train existing staff on best practices for online content management.
Social Media Management
- Manage, grow and protect the brand’s presence and image on social media.
- Manage enquiries and comments and drive social engagement.
- Resolve urgent queries and comments on social media.
- Assist with ad hoc client changes and special requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Respond to online communications through website, email and social media communities.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 3-5 years’ experience in Digital media (you could be a writer from a Digital agency)
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong web editor skills
- Content Optimisation knowledge
- Experience in Social Media management
- Experience in Content Marketing
- Capable of creating and implementing a Digital Strategy
- Good time management and ability to work to deadlines
- Good ability to prioritise and work well in a high-pressure environment
- Strong language and communication skills
- Good level of professional English
- Basic HTML skills
- Experience in uploading content and images on a web-based CMS
- Basic production management skills
- Knowledge and exposure to various multi-media formats
- Leadership and team-player
- Creatively minded
- Solutions driven
- Extremely organised
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam299