Are you an experienced Operations Director with an interest in art?
Want to be part of a recently launched non-profit arts incubator and laboratory, designed to stimulate the arts in Southern Africa, and ultimately foster innovation and dialogue in the public domain?
This includes a library, gallery, workshop space, archive, artist studio and soon a small shop from which exhibitions, seminars / talks, workshops, music events / screenings, outreach programs, residencies and publications are produced.
The role is based in Cape Town.
- Strong Operations experience
- Excellent business and finance acumen
- Able to work in a dynamic / creative / emerging environment (start-up)
- Management experience
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Financial management and reporting:
- Preparation and management/coordination of all day to day expenses
- Regular budget tracking/monitoring and evaluation reports (working with the accountant/bookkeeper)
- Ensure salary payments/slips for all personnel
- Financial reporting to funders / grant makers
- Funding Infrastructure / management:
- Configure financial infrastructure to encourage third party funding
- Design and implement infrastructure for social impact measurement
- Research and tracking of funding calls and other funding opportunities
- Coordinating proposal writing with A4 management/editorial team
- Collation and submission of proposals
- Tracking applications and results
- Systems coordination, implementation, optimization:
- Develop work plans with relevant personnel
- Manage and monitor short, medium and long-term organizational work plans
- Monthly reports tracking and evaluating of goals
- Co-ordination and scheduling of processes – events, exhibitions, openings and meetings
- Workflow / budget / resource optimization
- Staff Management (team of 7 + external contractors)
- Project tracking and monthly performance reviews
- Tracking presence and duties of middle and lower management personnel
- Coordinate leave, sick-leave etc. requests
- Liaising with third party consultants (HR, legal, other)
- Contracts for existing and new staffing concerns
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.