Looking for something out of the ordinary? We have just the thing for a seasoned, strategic PR Account Director at an innovative, fun and unique creative communications agency based in Cape Town. We’re looking for previous experience within a PR consultancy; excellent writing skills; hot media relations skills; and a winning way in managing clients. The ideal candidate is flexible and multi-talented; someone who understands that PR is more than just about farming out a bunch of dull press releases. We’re looking for someone obsessed with media and the news; that loves popular culture; who is eager to get stuck in to projects that incorporate brand strategy, design, social media, events and anything else that gets thrown into the mix. You should be down-to-earth, friendly and chilled. The agency takes attention to detail and craftsmanship really seriously because they’re on a mission to change people’s perceptions about PR being the poor cousin of the marketing industry. They’re really passionate about the brands and clients they work with and the incumbent should be too. If you believe in partnership and mutual respect so that you can be happy at work and have fun along the way, we want to hear from you!
- PR and media relations; website and social media management, content creation and website management.
- Working closely with the Managing Director to manage the teams and provide senior counsel on clients.
- Management of day-to-day execution of PR plans for clients (and the agency), under direction from the Managing Director.
- Management of mid-level and junior staff (Account Managers and Account Executives).
- Step in to work on and help out on accounts when MD is away or not available.
- Mentor the mid-level and junior team members, particularly in terms of skills development in media relations and stringent quality control.
- New business and project work as required
- Main client contact and own the client relationship. Core understanding of client business and display excellent relationships with the clients.
- Strategy lead on account – research, development of PR and marketing strategies.
- Crisis management and communications.
- Day to day implementation of agreed client PR plans.
- Media liaison and relationship building – with traditional media and online influencers.
- Management of junior and mid-level staff.
- Identify and secure new business for the agency.
- Develop and present client proposals and new business pitches.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 7 years minimum experience in a PR or communications agency.
- Excellent media relations skills with proven relationships and results in traditional media placement.
- Obsessive attention to detail and massively organised.
- Understanding of all marketing disciplines – digital, branding, online etc.
- Well-versed with content creation – press releases, online content and more.
- Excellent writer
- Good people skills and good at managing and mentoring the AMs and AEs
- Willing to work with on new business and jumping in on project work.
- Excellent presentation skills – verbal, in front of an audience, and written.
- Excellent programme delivery and project management skills
- Financial acumen – lead budgets forecasts, time recons, budget management.
- Outgoing, opinionated and confident – but with being arrogant or obnoxious. Prima Donnas not wanted, but neither are wallflowers.
- Ability to lead others.
- Calm under pressure.
- Self-starter – high energy, ability to get stuck in and get their hands dirty.
- Articulate and well presented.
- Obsessed with media – whether that be a passion for magazines or news, or fanatical about blogging.
- Chilled, friendly and down to earth
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam305